1993 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
it keeps going
By gonzothegreat on 06/10/13 21:20 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Sedan

i bought this car new in 1993. the odometer is showing 293,000 miles. thats right 293,000 miles. it has the original engine and transmission. the clutch assembly is factory. it has achieved 40 mpg on the highway. i have changed the oil at regular times and it has only left me stranded once(fuel pump went out). aside from tires, belts, hoses, shocks, brakes, shifter cable, and alternators, being replaced, it has never had the valves adjusted. i dont know if it has a timing chain, if it does i have never had to replace it. my goal is to replace it at 300k, but i dont think i will. it gets 30mpg in the city if driven the speed limit. the insurance is $240 a year, best car ive ever owned.

Worth every penny
By seid on 09/21/12 09:10 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I would say, If you are sending your kids to college, this is a great car to get them. I had this car for the past 7 years with minor issues. And just a few days ago, the radiator and the transmission pan cracked. But I got about a little over 220,000 miles out of it. This american car was built to last and it will be sad to let it go. This car had been stolen twice, had the steering column and ignition ripped out, ran into a brick wall, was hit twice by drunk drivers and through all of it (minus body damage), it still ran like a champ. I plan on getting another one of a later model.

Sll around reliable and fun
By silentsquall on 04/21/10 17:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I bought the car with 214,000 miles on it and it ran like mint. Couldn't even hear it running when you stood next to it. The 5 spd stick was very fun to drive and look at. I owned it for 8 years with little upkeep needed. I put like 1,800 in repairs over the years and it never let me down. And it had spunk, quick off the line and great handling even in bad weather thanks to the front stabilizer bar. Also I was getting around 27 miles to the gallon. Love the car! And would recommend it to anyone.

Fond Memories!
By Rachel on 10/26/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

This was the best car I ever owned! I bought it used with 43,000 miles on it and put another 135,000 miles in 6 years. It ran like a dream even after it was flooded in Florida! The A/C didn't work so great after the fire, but it still ran for another year. (if you change the oil, dont leave the rag and bottle under the hood!) If you take care of it, it'll last you a really long time

Fun Car
By Richard on 10/06/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I purchased this convertible in a salvage yard 4 years ago and after getting my R title it was back on the road. The following summer I took it on a 3700 mile road trip with no problems what so ever. This has been a great car and I really like it. It has all the options except the rear window defroster and all the options work. Problems have been minimal and easily repaired; parts are cheap and can be obtained at my favorite auto parts store or junk yard. For me this has been a joy to own and I am looking forward to taking this car on a trip to the Florida gulf coast and then to the Keys next year.

93 Cavalier Convertible
By Dona on 09/03/08 16:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

Boutght this vehicle new in a very cold January 1994. My old car heater just stopped working along with all it's other problems. Saw this beauty on the floor and couldn't resist. Price was $14,500 and have loved driving this car. It's a very pretty little car, looks fantastic with the top down and pretty sharp with the top up too. It's that blue green color they had that year with grey velour interior and black top, no red in the body design, I hate that look. Just the black moldings, black bumpers. Early on had to replace front shocks. Believe I've had two sets of tires and replaced the top once. Still getting compliments on my nice looking car!

Chevy Cavalier a great Car
By Sean on 08/15/08 12:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Sedan

I must say in the years that I have had my 1993 Chevy Cavalier that I have only replaced a head gasket and solinodes, radiator in the last 10 years. The car is great for the money. I am planning on buying another Cavalier

Rattle trap after 8 years
By mkbangs on 04/21/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new and had no complaints for about 8 years. Then it began to rattle me silly at idle in drive. I tried everything. New motor mounts, insulation, new plugs and wires. I finally had to get rid of it. I paid a good price for it and I enjoyed it most of the time. I won't buy another Chevy though because of it. It was like the minute it was paid off it was done. Also the auto door locks quit working on the driver side and the passenger window stopped working correctly and neither were electric.

Not a bad vehicle for the price.
By Mark on 12/04/06 15:20 PM (PST)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Not a bad vehicle. My wife and I purchased this vehicle with only about 9K miles on it about 3 years ago! What a steal! Now it only has about 57K miles on it. Not bad on performance and the handling is great.

Jonathon's trooper
By Jonathon on 06/28/06 00:04 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

The 93 cavalier RS convertible was my first car. I got this car when it had 193000 miles! For a car that has this many miles its been a good car! I have only put 3000 mile on it since I've got it with only minor work done!