Used 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

it keeps going
By gonzothegreat

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Sedan

i bought this car new in 1993. the odometer is showing 293,000 miles. thats right 293,000 miles. it has the original engine and transmission. the clutch assembly is factory. it has achieved 40 mpg on the highway. i have changed the oil at regular times and it has only left me stranded once(fuel pump went out). aside from tires, belts, hoses, shocks, brakes, shifter cable, and alternators, being replaced, it has never had the valves adjusted. i dont know if it has a timing chain, if it does i have never had to replace it. my goal is to replace it at 300k, but i dont think i will. it gets 30mpg in the city if driven the speed limit. the insurance is $240 a year, best car ive ever owned.

Worth every penny
By seid

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

I would say, If you are sending your kids to college, this is a great car to get them. I had this car for the past 7 years with minor issues. And just a few days ago, the radiator and the transmission pan cracked. But I got about a little over 220,000 miles out of it. This american car was built to last and it will be sad to let it go. This car had been stolen twice, had the steering column and ignition ripped out, ran into a brick wall, was hit twice by drunk drivers and through all of it (minus body damage), it still ran like a champ. I plan on getting another one of a later model.

Suggested Improvements

needs a car sized Depends. It leaks like an old person.

Sll around reliable and fun
By silentsquall

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I bought the car with 214,000 miles on it and it ran like mint. Couldn't even hear it running when you stood next to it. The 5 spd stick was very fun to drive and look at. I owned it for 8 years with little upkeep needed. I put like 1,800 in repairs over the years and it never let me down. And it had spunk, quick off the line and great handling even in bad weather thanks to the front stabilizer bar. Also I was getting around 27 miles to the gallon. Love the car! And would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

old style body style and convenient placement of power window buttons.

Suggested Improvements

maybe make it lighter. the heaviest car to push! surprisingly.

Fond Memories!
By Rachel

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

This was the best car I ever owned! I bought it used with 43,000 miles on it and put another 135,000 miles in 6 years. It ran like a dream even after it was flooded in Florida! The A/C didn't work so great after the fire, but it still ran for another year. (if you change the oil, dont leave the rag and bottle under the hood!) If you take care of it, it'll last you a really long time

Fun Car
By Richard

1993 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

I purchased this convertible in a salvage yard 4 years ago and after getting my R title it was back on the road. The following summer I took it on a 3700 mile road trip with no problems what so ever. This has been a great car and I really like it. It has all the options except the rear window defroster and all the options work. Problems have been minimal and easily repaired; parts are cheap and can be obtained at my favorite auto parts store or junk yard. For me this has been a joy to own and I am looking forward to taking this car on a trip to the Florida gulf coast and then to the Keys next year.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, easy to repair, and a joy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Noisy timing gears