Used 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

I hated my wife's car
By mlittrell

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

This car came with my wife. She loved it and I hated this car with every fiber of my being. It was uncomfortable, it couldn't get out of it's own way, and felt like it would tip over at every corner. The good thing is that there weren't any options to break. It was pretty reliable, except for the yearly recharge of the freon, the replacement of the master cylinder, and the alternator. For a GM vehicle with almost 80k mi, I would say that that wasn't bad. It still looked pretty good when we sold it, but my father in law and I are very good about keeping our cars up. I wasn't surprised that the dealerships really didn't want it as a trade in.

well, I guess the paint, because it didn't flake off or fade and it got pretty good gas mileage, but that's about it.

better shocks, tires, brakes, transmission, engine, seats and any anti sway bars, ...but not much else

Nice Car
By Newf

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

My car (1992 Z24)has 220000K on it and the engine does not miss a beat. I have recently ran into troubles with the water pump and belt tensioner (while on vacation) but I feel confident saying that the motor will last forever. I really like the look and feel of this car and enjoy leaving my friends behind on the highway (In their 2000-2003 caviliers and sunfires)

Ground Effects, Handling, Lots of power for passing on the highway

Interior quality (lots of little things breaking)

Kick But Car

Supercharger

Mixed thoughts
By NATO

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car not only for my commute to school but also I thought it would be a nice car to tune up. In the commuting respect it has fulfilled its duty.In regards to its performance, I'm disappointed. I understand it's not a Porsche but I was expecting it to be quicker than it is. It feels sluggish and I constantly have the feeling that something is holding it back. Even after installing a few performance parts (K&N air filter, etc) it still feels underpowered. If you are looking for a car to tune, don't buy this! If you want a generic, low fun factor commuting car, this is the one for you.

I like the steering wheel...its the only faintly stylish thing in the car.

More power, lower ground clearance, less plastic (in and out).

Stout little ride
By Marc99GT

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I have owned 3 Cavaliers and my wife has owned 2. The 92 that I'm currently driving has been extremely reliable. I needed a 2nd car and this one has been great. My est. repair costs might have been around $500 or less in the last 3 years. I drove the car to school in Florida and got over 34 mpg with 2 other guys and luggage in the vehicle. The car currently has 121K and still runs strong.

Reliability, fuel economy & smooth

Little more power, less plastic, & rear discs.