Used 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Very dependable
By Rgrimes

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

Car has 246,000 miles with no major issues except for normal maintence like tune ups and tires. Still runs like new and had no problem going through the sniffer.

92 Cavalier RS 4 door
By clinton lallathin

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

It's fun to drive, safe and reliable. I have had no major problems with my car at all.

Center e-brake

I'm gonna miss you ol'girl
By GM Girl

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car since we bought it new. She doesn't owe us a nickel! With 188K miles on it, my husband still takes her out on roadtrips over 400 miles one way. He travelled from Philly to Cle on a single tank of gas. He has driven this car very hard over the years and she still just zips right along. Now that he has a new truck, I'm left choosing between the 96 Saturn with 120K miles or or my old faithful girl. Guess which one I'd choose?? But with my luck, the day I sell the Saturn and all its troubles, my cav will give up the ghost! This is our 2nd Cav, and I'd buy another if I didn't have 2 growing kids.

gas mileage, a/c is COLD, back seat is comfy for an economy car. solid reliable car mechanically

why discontinue such a great entry level vehicle?? I noticed the later models back seat is like a cushion on a box. This car should be kept in production, and some interiors that a young person would appreciate should be added.

Still Runs well
By nmbk

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan RS 4dr Sedan

I got mime in 1998 as a going to college car. Has run well- only a couple of minor glitches. I've had to replace the starter twice. The first time we had to replace it the car started on its own and melted battery connections! No major complaints. Its gone up and down the east coast a number of times and is still running strong at 137,000+ miles.

Gas milage! Tons of foot room in the back seat, big trunk. Parts are cheap and pretty easy to find.

It's not very pretty, easier access to rear break bulbs (they are hard to replace)