1992 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Unbelievable
By gmman on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 6 years. Of the 15 cars I've owned over 20 years, this has been the most reliable, best investment I ever made. I was skeptical at first, but it has proven itself. I bought it with 113K miles and it now has 186K miles. I've had very few, minor problems with it and until this week, the A/C froze me out on the hottest Florida days. Believe the compressor is still good; hopefully just a leak.

Few problems with proper matenance
By pacofish on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I am a Mechanic. I have had this car since it was new I have to do almost notinig to keep this car running. This car gets a fast pass from the emissions test.

I hated my wife's car
By mlittrell on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

This car came with my wife. She loved it and I hated this car with every fiber of my being. It was uncomfortable, it couldn't get out of it's own way, and felt like it would tip over at every corner. The good thing is that there weren't any options to break. It was pretty reliable, except for the yearly recharge of the freon, the replacement of the master cylinder, and the alternator. For a GM vehicle with almost 80k mi, I would say that that wasn't bad. It still looked pretty good when we sold it, but my father in law and I are very good about keeping our cars up. I wasn't surprised that the dealerships really didn't want it as a trade in.

Stout little ride
By Marc99GT on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I have owned 3 Cavaliers and my wife has owned 2. The 92 that I'm currently driving has been extremely reliable. I needed a 2nd car and this one has been great. My est. repair costs might have been around $500 or less in the last 3 years. I drove the car to school in Florida and got over 34 mpg with 2 other guys and luggage in the vehicle. The car currently has 121K and still runs strong.

The Little Cav That Could
By CAVMAN on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Bought this car new in college in 1991. Have done almost all the maintainance myself, mainly oil, filters and brakes. Always use a good synthetic oil and good filter. KN air filter and always replaced parts with ones that have lifetime warranty's. Have replaced alternator, tensioner, power steering pump, hoses, heater core x 2, radiator, plugs and wires. The thing just keeps running and with 223,000 miles on it, I could see it easily going for another 100,000- 150,000. If you don't care to look great going to work, it will get you there just as good as a new vehicle. Very easy to work on also.

92 cavalier
By Trisor on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I've put 175K on my 92 cavalier...before selling it to my sister last week. I got 37 MPG city/highway combined. I changed the oil every 4K, replaced the plugs only once at about 100K, and air filter every now and then. And never had any problems. Never had to replace clutch, brakes, anything. No timing belt to replace...has chain. I did have to replace the head gasket at about 75K. Was very reliable.

the review of your life
By blaine on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Drives well well mantained good car exellant for beginers this car has a lot of trunk space

the review of your life
By Blaine on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)