1992 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Sold it as quickly as I could
By joe billyhill on 06/13/10 13:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

In 1998 I saw a used 1992 Z24 for $10K w/15K miles on it. I figured it would be a deal. I got it at a dealership and an extended warranty with it. The problems started immediately with the heater core going out. When changing the oil antifreeze was present so they changed the head gasket, That didn't work so they replaced the water pump. It started blowing water through the head gasket so they took it apart, told me they determined the head was warped and placed the blame on me. I called the service manager on the carpet for than but got nowhere. The 3.1 V6 is notoriously a pig and underpowered as well as having coolant problems. 3rd gear went out in the auto trans. What a jalopy.

Vehice Is Great :)
By Z24 on 11/29/05 19:16 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This 1992 Cavalier Z24, has been a very fast, fun, and comfortable vehicle to have. I have had it since I was 16, and am now 21. I bought it from my dad, on my 16th Birthday. Took it out, and wrecked it, then he repaired it for me. Ever since then, I have never had any other type of accident with this car. It has always started the whole 5 years I have had it. My friends at school, always wanted to ride in it, because it looked to cool. It's been a great car.

It's been 7 years...
By monza305 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for seven years, this should be the last winter before I get a new car this spring. Looking back I think I'll probably miss it. It has decent power, especially with the manual trans. It can be fun to drive too. But I've had problems too. The motor started knocking at 100,000. (I know it's not an uncommon problem for all GM 3.1 in the first couple years.) I also blew a head gasket (on the new motor). Other than that, it's been a good car.

Nice Car
By Newf on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

My car (1992 Z24)has 220000K on it and the engine does not miss a beat. I have recently ran into troubles with the water pump and belt tensioner (while on vacation) but I feel confident saying that the motor will last forever. I really like the look and feel of this car and enjoy leaving my friends behind on the highway (In their 2000-2003 caviliers and sunfires)

Kick But Car
By CavalierZ24 on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love my Z24 since ive had it i haven't lost a single race

1992 Z-24
By sonnyphysh on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 32,000 miles, still under fact warranty, and the car drove very nice. I just traded my car in on a Pontiac Grand Prix with the same size motor 3.1L..I had over 160,000 miles on my Z-24 and never had any engine work done other than a water pump, altinator, and a battery, but thats normal.The transmission was replaced 2 different times while under the warranty, and when I traded my car in the transmission was going to need worked on, because the syncronizer in third gear was going out.I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, but it was time for me to buy a 4 door car.

Two words: peel out
By Fwapadalaplap on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

People laughed when I staged in my 1992 Z24, but it was a real blast to totally beat them off the line. I purchased it used from an uncle, who never had any problems with it and performed all regular maintenance himself. This car is fun to ride, and its like my miniature sports car... I'll keep dreaming. Its great on the highways (no problems merging or passing, around 27MPG) and idles nice in traffic. The engine sound is a great bonus; you don't expect it from this little car.