1992 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Mixed thoughts
By NATO on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car not only for my commute to school but also I thought it would be a nice car to tune up. In the commuting respect it has fulfilled its duty.In regards to its performance, I'm disappointed. I understand it's not a Porsche but I was expecting it to be quicker than it is. It feels sluggish and I constantly have the feeling that something is holding it back. Even after installing a few performance parts (K&N air filter, etc) it still feels underpowered. If you are looking for a car to tune, don't buy this! If you want a generic, low fun factor commuting car, this is the one for you.

my wife's little kicker
By Vaiobum on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this little car knowing they are very reliable & cheap to fix(price was cheap).Passed mech.fit. w/ flying colors(purchased as is).3000+KM in first month of ownership,some of it hard driving.This little kicker never quit.Runs good,could use some bodywork (long hard winters).In my opinion a good little kicker.Wife is happy too.

a good knockabout
By jbert on 02/26/02 10:24 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

This is the third Cavalier in the family and all have been reliable, even into their older age. It sure isn't fancy -- lots of cheap plastic -- but it's kept on running w/ basic maintenance for 10 years and 100K miles.