Used 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Sold it as quickly as I could
By joe billyhill

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

In 1998 I saw a used 1992 Z24 for $10K w/15K miles on it. I figured it would be a deal. I got it at a dealership and an extended warranty with it. The problems started immediately with the heater core going out. When changing the oil antifreeze was present so they changed the head gasket, That didn't work so they replaced the water pump. It started blowing water through the head gasket so they took it apart, told me they determined the head was warped and placed the blame on me. I called the service manager on the carpet for than but got nowhere. The 3.1 V6 is notoriously a pig and underpowered as well as having coolant problems. 3rd gear went out in the auto trans. What a jalopy.

Color - plain white The body style with ground effects was cool Front seats were comfortable

The 3.1 motor should never have been engineered and fit into this car. The car was heavy and slow. Performance was embarrassing when compared to my 1987 Z24 w/2.8 V6.

Very dependable
By Rgrimes

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

Car has 246,000 miles with no major issues except for normal maintence like tune ups and tires. Still runs like new and had no problem going through the sniffer.

Great Car
By Malisha

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Sedan

Car was bought with 158,000 by my dad, for my first car! Car got me where ever I needed to go, when ever I needed to go. Never hesitated to start, even in the winter. Heater stinks though. On high, warm air drifted out of the car. I had to let it warm up in the winter for about 30 minutes. Car was extremely rusted, but never failed to get me where I wanted. I now own a '96 Neon, and I was more impressed with my Cavalier. It was faster, and ten times more reliable.

Stereo, and the reliability of the 2.2!

Longer lasting heaters

Vehice Is Great :)
By Z24

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This 1992 Cavalier Z24, has been a very fast, fun, and comfortable vehicle to have. I have had it since I was 16, and am now 21. I bought it from my dad, on my 16th Birthday. Took it out, and wrecked it, then he repaired it for me. Ever since then, I have never had any other type of accident with this car. It has always started the whole 5 years I have had it. My friends at school, always wanted to ride in it, because it looked to cool. It's been a great car.

The 3.1L V6 Engine. Its very quick, and quiet.

The center armrest, has been loose in all 5 Cavaliers I have owned. Strictly cavaliers for me. :) they are reliable

92 Cavalier RS 4 door
By clinton lallathin

1992 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

It's fun to drive, safe and reliable. I have had no major problems with my car at all.

Center e-brake