1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: Great Car

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Review

Great Car
By Atmospheres on

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

My car has given me very little trouble in 8.5 yrs. It's easy to maintain with very little mechanical experience. I have done most of it myself with a pretty basic tool set. Ex.:Ignition switch and light switch in the steering column, batteries, fan motor, hoses, radiator, cooling tank, thermostat, plugs, wires, light replacement, water pump, oil, air, and fuel filter changes. (Keep in mind, I'm a girl...)I paid $3000.00 for the car and have put another 115,000 miles on it since I bought it. Mine has over 230,000 miles on it! My car has towed more than it's share of vehicles. (I never said I pampered it.)

It is a simple car with very little to break down. I have the 5 sp. manual transmission. I get around 28 MPG. A fill up is only 11.5-12 gal. It is quick and handles well even at 70mph on the highway(legal here). It gets great gas mileage and is easily maintained.

Not much to improve. The headliner fell down (so I tacked it up) and the carpet on the rear package shelf has come apart. But, I live in Florida and my car isn't kept in a garage. So it gets the full affect of the sun. Paint is dull, but I don't wash/wax it, either.