Used 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

A few Problems
By AngryBrian

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Sedan

Runs good and always starts on cold days, constantly has electrical problems. A great car to start out with, relatively hardy car. Had a power window motor go up in smoke (no damage). I would recommend looking over the wiring before buying. Other than that a great car with everything a student would need to get around.

Reliable on cold days. Fairly sturdy.

Fix some minor electrical issues.

Awesome Car!!!
By Tiffany

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This is my third Cavalier: I've had an '87 Z-24 (BEST CAR EVER!), '88 wagon, and now a '91 RS Sedan. I have never had any major problems with any of them. These cars are reliable - never afraid to take them anywhere! The radios are awesome with kickin' bass! The mileage has been superb and the comfort and styling of the Cavalier is the best!

I love the Z-24 styling! I am looking for a late 80's Z-24 to have as a collector's vehicle.

Since I don't have a newer Cavalier, it's hard to give "improvements". With the '91 I would have liked to have seen better cup holders and more of them. Standard cruise control and more than an AM/FM stereo - maybe and tape or CD player.

Excellent Car!!
By mar-tone

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

This was my 1st new car purchase and the best $10,400 I ever spent! After 13+ years and 129,000 miles I've gone through 2 exhaust systems, 2 starters, a head gasket, 3 brake jobs, and one water pump. But STILL a VERY dependable car year 'round. Still handles good, good mileage. Not the fastest or shiniest car on the block - but I own it. NO car payment, low taxes and STILL dependable transportation to work. "Trade in value"?...who needs it! Chevrolet made a winner here!!!

Dependability, surprisingly BIG trunk, love that 5 speed manual!

Could sacrifice some of the trunk space for the back seat(too small). Raise the nose off of the raod - front paint susceptible to rocks/dirt flying up.

Great Car
By Atmospheres

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

My car has given me very little trouble in 8.5 yrs. It's easy to maintain with very little mechanical experience. I have done most of it myself with a pretty basic tool set. Ex.:Ignition switch and light switch in the steering column, batteries, fan motor, hoses, radiator, cooling tank, thermostat, plugs, wires, light replacement, water pump, oil, air, and fuel filter changes. (Keep in mind, I'm a girl...)I paid $3000.00 for the car and have put another 115,000 miles on it since I bought it. Mine has over 230,000 miles on it! My car has towed more than it's share of vehicles. (I never said I pampered it.)

It is a simple car with very little to break down. I have the 5 sp. manual transmission. I get around 28 MPG. A fill up is only 11.5-12 gal. It is quick and handles well even at 70mph on the highway(legal here). It gets great gas mileage and is easily maintained.

Not much to improve. The headliner fell down (so I tacked it up) and the carpet on the rear package shelf has come apart. But, I live in Florida and my car isn't kept in a garage. So it gets the full affect of the sun. Paint is dull, but I don't wash/wax it, either.

killa car
By killakam

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

heater core problems that about it...i bought it for like 5 hundred canadian...its got 261000km on it, but it still runs great

shape

exterior design and also can do better in the interior