1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews 2

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Did you say Lemon
By You can have mine on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This model set Chevy back a few years. Within the first year of this new car, I had injectors, fuel sensor, oxygen sensor, dash, head gasket and electrical system all fail and need to be replaced. The problems didn't stop there and I happily traded it in for a loss.

This car has lasted so long....
By Coupons420 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

I won this car for 5$ at an actution, and have drivin it cross country, did more neutral drops that u can imagine! plus it has 186,000 miles now!~ and i have yet to do any major repair. I have only chaged brakes normal wear, andthe dipstick broke bu thats it, plus the motor mounts went out after yrs of abuse .. hene. but othere than that i love this car and will tear it to all hell till the day it dies! this car made me love chevy once again. Plus I thought this car would die long ago, but aparnetly the reverse drops, water burnouts, and neutral drops have no effect on it!

good car
By sean gatewood on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with low miles and have driven the car into the ground and it still starts and gets me there every day. It has been a great school car for a good price it has never failed me. I have never replaced the cluch exaust or anythiing for that matter outside of an altranator and battery.

A great long-lasting ride!
By Nicolle on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new 12 years ago and now have over 145,000 miles on it. I haven't spent more than $800 in replacement parts and still have the original exaust and clutch. The car has been extremely reliable, getting me home safe through several snow storms and NEVER breaking down. The engine sounds better than newer cars I've test drove lately.

Better than a Saturn!
By Krammer on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

The Car is 12 years old w/ 230000+ miles on it. I've replaced heater core (150 bucks). Replaced water pump (20 bucks). Spark plug fell out (200 bucks). Maybe a thermostat (2 bucks). This was a great investment. Z24 brand new was 14,000.

Reliable powerful engine, but no comfort
By OMD on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

Got mine in 1995 at 52,000 miles and have since put 40,000 miles on it. AC worked great in TX. Starts on even the coldest days in MI. Control dome for wipers and alternator need changing in first 60K. Interior panels cheap and rattle like hell, keep coming off. But engine is reliable and has lot of low end torque. Steering fairly responsive, but lots of body roll. Excessive road and wind noise - especially on highway. Body of car still free of rust after 90K. Repairs to date: $3000 - changed alternator once, all brakes twice, shocks & struts once, battery twice and other small repairs. Radio quite powerful and has lot of bass.

perfect 1st car
By wagz on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Convertible

this car is so much fun to drive. its got a fun engine which can keep up with any of the newer cars if taken care of. hook up the sound system, put in a cd player, put a nice paint job on it and your set to ride. maybe fix up the engine a little, give it a little more kick, and damn your set.

Great drive to work car
By Benji on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 2dr Coupe

Only had one mechanical problem w/ the tranny soleniod. Regular maintenance and this car is a very cheap form of transportation. Sporty looking for a 11 year old car. Saves mucho bucks over driving pickup truck to work.

28/08/02
By Z24Guy on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Incredibly fun to drive.