1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
great car
By kody70 on 03/03/10 07:11 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

My parents bought a 1991 Cavalier RS 2- door coupe 3-speed automatic a few years back and when I got my license, I was able to take it over. It's been a very reliable car, with only normal maintenance, like brakes. The only other issue was a sway bar link. It might not be the fastest car out there, but it's extremely reliable and gets from A to B with no problems. I even hit a deer and the car didn't get damaged at all.

Oh How I Wish I Had Kept This Car
By R Carter on 06/16/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

I bought my '91 Cavalier-VL in 1991 and regretfully traded it in 2002 for something with less mileage. It had over 186000 miles on it when I traded it. It ran like a champ. Total repair costs for the 11 yrs I had it was probably not over $1000 I bet if even that much. Absolutely the best car I have ever had and wish to this day (in 2009)I still had it.

Quick and Agile
By WAStateChevy on 06/11/07 14:31 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

This car with the 3.1 V6 is very fun to drive. Munce transmission is very durable and responsive. The sound is great from the 3.1. I drove the heck out of it and I love it more than any car I have owned even though it is the oldest car I own.

Super Reliable
By AMF on 05/29/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I ordered this car in late 90. I had problems with hub bearing, starter and heater core much later in life. Changed oil every 3K with 0W-30 year round. Engine never leaked or burned any oil. Motor ran strong up to 120,000 miles when I sold it to friend. Last I heard it was still running and owner was impressed with performance. The car was driven hard at times but just kept on going. If you can find one that has been well maintained I would say it is a good bet. It was the first new car I ever owned so I felt the fluid changes were important. With high miles the motor ran like new and didn't miss a beat. Original muffler and cat converter replaced at 112K. Check oil change records!

Excellent Car!!
By mar-tone on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

This was my 1st new car purchase and the best $10,400 I ever spent! After 13+ years and 129,000 miles I've gone through 2 exhaust systems, 2 starters, a head gasket, 3 brake jobs, and one water pump. But STILL a VERY dependable car year 'round. Still handles good, good mileage. Not the fastest or shiniest car on the block - but I own it. NO car payment, low taxes and STILL dependable transportation to work. "Trade in value"?...who needs it! Chevrolet made a winner here!!!

Great Car
By Atmospheres on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

My car has given me very little trouble in 8.5 yrs. It's easy to maintain with very little mechanical experience. I have done most of it myself with a pretty basic tool set. Ex.:Ignition switch and light switch in the steering column, batteries, fan motor, hoses, radiator, cooling tank, thermostat, plugs, wires, light replacement, water pump, oil, air, and fuel filter changes. (Keep in mind, I'm a girl...)I paid $3000.00 for the car and have put another 115,000 miles on it since I bought it. Mine has over 230,000 miles on it! My car has towed more than it's share of vehicles. (I never said I pampered it.)

killa car
By killakam on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

heater core problems that about it...i bought it for like 5 hundred canadian...its got 261000km on it, but it still runs great

Did you say Lemon
By You can have mine on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

This model set Chevy back a few years. Within the first year of this new car, I had injectors, fuel sensor, oxygen sensor, dash, head gasket and electrical system all fail and need to be replaced. The problems didn't stop there and I happily traded it in for a loss.

This car has lasted so long....
By Coupons420 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe RS 2dr Coupe

I won this car for 5$ at an actution, and have drivin it cross country, did more neutral drops that u can imagine! plus it has 186,000 miles now!~ and i have yet to do any major repair. I have only chaged brakes normal wear, andthe dipstick broke bu thats it, plus the motor mounts went out after yrs of abuse .. hene. but othere than that i love this car and will tear it to all hell till the day it dies! this car made me love chevy once again. Plus I thought this car would die long ago, but aparnetly the reverse drops, water burnouts, and neutral drops have no effect on it!

good car
By sean gatewood on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with low miles and have driven the car into the ground and it still starts and gets me there every day. It has been a great school car for a good price it has never failed me. I have never replaced the cluch exaust or anythiing for that matter outside of an altranator and battery.