1991 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Oh How I Wish I Had Kept This Car
By R Carter on 06/16/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I bought my '91 Cavalier-VL in 1991 and regretfully traded it in 2002 for something with less mileage. It had over 186000 miles on it when I traded it. It ran like a champ. Total repair costs for the 11 yrs I had it was probably not over $1000 I bet if even that much. Absolutely the best car I have ever had and wish to this day (in 2009)I still had it.

Excellent Car!!
By mar-tone on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

This was my 1st new car purchase and the best $10,400 I ever spent! After 13+ years and 129,000 miles I've gone through 2 exhaust systems, 2 starters, a head gasket, 3 brake jobs, and one water pump. But STILL a VERY dependable car year 'round. Still handles good, good mileage. Not the fastest or shiniest car on the block - but I own it. NO car payment, low taxes and STILL dependable transportation to work. "Trade in value"?...who needs it! Chevrolet made a winner here!!!

Great Car
By Atmospheres on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

My car has given me very little trouble in 8.5 yrs. It's easy to maintain with very little mechanical experience. I have done most of it myself with a pretty basic tool set. Ex.:Ignition switch and light switch in the steering column, batteries, fan motor, hoses, radiator, cooling tank, thermostat, plugs, wires, light replacement, water pump, oil, air, and fuel filter changes. (Keep in mind, I'm a girl...)I paid $3000.00 for the car and have put another 115,000 miles on it since I bought it. Mine has over 230,000 miles on it! My car has towed more than it's share of vehicles. (I never said I pampered it.)

good car
By sean gatewood on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with low miles and have driven the car into the ground and it still starts and gets me there every day. It has been a great school car for a good price it has never failed me. I have never replaced the cluch exaust or anythiing for that matter outside of an altranator and battery.

A great long-lasting ride!
By Nicolle on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new 12 years ago and now have over 145,000 miles on it. I haven't spent more than $800 in replacement parts and still have the original exaust and clutch. The car has been extremely reliable, getting me home safe through several snow storms and NEVER breaking down. The engine sounds better than newer cars I've test drove lately.