Used 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Awesome Car!!!
By Tiffany

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

This is my third Cavalier: I've had an '87 Z-24 (BEST CAR EVER!), '88 wagon, and now a '91 RS Sedan. I have never had any major problems with any of them. These cars are reliable - never afraid to take them anywhere! The radios are awesome with kickin' bass! The mileage has been superb and the comfort and styling of the Cavalier is the best!

Favorite Features

I love the Z-24 styling! I am looking for a late 80's Z-24 to have as a collector's vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Since I don't have a newer Cavalier, it's hard to give "improvements". With the '91 I would have liked to have seen better cup holders and more of them. Standard cruise control and more than an AM/FM stereo - maybe and tape or CD player.

Reliable powerful engine, but no comfort
By OMD

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier RS 4dr Sedan

Got mine in 1995 at 52,000 miles and have since put 40,000 miles on it. AC worked great in TX. Starts on even the coldest days in MI. Control dome for wipers and alternator need changing in first 60K. Interior panels cheap and rattle like hell, keep coming off. But engine is reliable and has lot of low end torque. Steering fairly responsive, but lots of body roll. Excessive road and wind noise - especially on highway. Body of car still free of rust after 90K. Repairs to date: $3000 - changed alternator once, all brakes twice, shocks & struts once, battery twice and other small repairs. Radio quite powerful and has lot of bass.

Favorite Features

It still runs after 13 years!!

Suggested Improvements

Better sound insulation, interior components, and handling with less body roll.