1991 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Quick and Agile
By WAStateChevy on 06/11/07 14:31 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This car with the 3.1 V6 is very fun to drive. Munce transmission is very durable and responsive. The sound is great from the 3.1. I drove the heck out of it and I love it more than any car I have owned even though it is the oldest car I own.

Super Reliable
By AMF on 05/29/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I ordered this car in late 90. I had problems with hub bearing, starter and heater core much later in life. Changed oil every 3K with 0W-30 year round. Engine never leaked or burned any oil. Motor ran strong up to 120,000 miles when I sold it to friend. Last I heard it was still running and owner was impressed with performance. The car was driven hard at times but just kept on going. If you can find one that has been well maintained I would say it is a good bet. It was the first new car I ever owned so I felt the fluid changes were important. With high miles the motor ran like new and didn't miss a beat. Original muffler and cat converter replaced at 112K. Check oil change records!

killa car
By killakam on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

heater core problems that about it...i bought it for like 5 hundred canadian...its got 261000km on it, but it still runs great

Did you say Lemon
By You can have mine on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This model set Chevy back a few years. Within the first year of this new car, I had injectors, fuel sensor, oxygen sensor, dash, head gasket and electrical system all fail and need to be replaced. The problems didn't stop there and I happily traded it in for a loss.

Better than a Saturn!
By Krammer on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

The Car is 12 years old w/ 230000+ miles on it. I've replaced heater core (150 bucks). Replaced water pump (20 bucks). Spark plug fell out (200 bucks). Maybe a thermostat (2 bucks). This was a great investment. Z24 brand new was 14,000.

28/08/02
By Z24Guy on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Incredibly fun to drive.