1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Best first car EVER
By Jen on 07/24/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

It's the best car I could imagine for a first car. It's fun, and pretty economical, great for A to B driving, and as reliable as anything. The only damage to my car is my fault, and even after rolling off the road and down a hill there was practically no damage at all! IT'S A TANK! But runs like any sporty little coupe you can find. The fuel economy says 20-26 but I actually get around 28, living and driving on back roads mostly, and highway. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. But anyways, it may not be the sexiest beast around, but it's just as good if not better than one. I wish they still made them, if you ever find one and someone you know needs a great reliable and durable car-get it.

Awesome car!
By Bibblebop on 02/25/10 12:09 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

For a car to from point A to B, this car has been great. Twenty years old and still running awesome. I have 95k on it and picked it up 4 years ago with 54k. Its cheap to buy parts for and runs forever. This is my second Cavalier and a true fan. Look around, you still see old Cavaliers everywhere. Thats tells a story on the quality these little cars are known for.

Great car
By John Bierman on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great little car, bought for my father when he was commuting 600-700 miles a week for less than $1000 from local GM dealer. Only work needed was a new battery and a new starter (althouth replacing just the solenoid probably would have fixed it as well). Love the styling on it, comfortable seats, good gas mileage (25 mpg or so in town, 30+ on the highway). Always as dependable as any car I've had (although my old Datsun 210 wagon was pretty good too), with terrific ground clearance (a big help for getting through the snow where I live). Solid machine I'd recommend to anyone needing good, cheap transportation!

Excellent Car
By Gregory Jackson on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

My car was purchased new I have 378K miles and never had any engine work. It does not leak any oil.I've put new belts,alternator,plugs and wires. But that basic maintenance on a vehicle. I put new chrome rims and tires on about 4 years ago. I need a new A/C compressor and will be getting a paint job soon. As for engine work it runs great. It's the Heartbeat of America!!