Used 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Best first car EVER
By Jen

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

It's the best car I could imagine for a first car. It's fun, and pretty economical, great for A to B driving, and as reliable as anything. The only damage to my car is my fault, and even after rolling off the road and down a hill there was practically no damage at all! IT'S A TANK! But runs like any sporty little coupe you can find. The fuel economy says 20-26 but I actually get around 28, living and driving on back roads mostly, and highway. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. But anyways, it may not be the sexiest beast around, but it's just as good if not better than one. I wish they still made them, if you ever find one and someone you know needs a great reliable and durable car-get it.

Durability, reliability, ease to repair, too much to think of.

Weird tire size, they can be hard to find sometimes (I went to a well stocked garage once and they only had one in stock at a time) other than that nothing.

Awesome car!
By Bibblebop

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

For a car to from point A to B, this car has been great. Twenty years old and still running awesome. I have 95k on it and picked it up 4 years ago with 54k. Its cheap to buy parts for and runs forever. This is my second Cavalier and a true fan. Look around, you still see old Cavaliers everywhere. Thats tells a story on the quality these little cars are known for.

Cheap to buy replacement parts.

None. If I wanted a nicer car, I would purchase a more expensive car.

Great car
By John Bierman

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2dr Coupe

Great little car, bought for my father when he was commuting 600-700 miles a week for less than $1000 from local GM dealer. Only work needed was a new battery and a new starter (althouth replacing just the solenoid probably would have fixed it as well). Love the styling on it, comfortable seats, good gas mileage (25 mpg or so in town, 30+ on the highway). Always as dependable as any car I've had (although my old Datsun 210 wagon was pretty good too), with terrific ground clearance (a big help for getting through the snow where I live). Solid machine I'd recommend to anyone needing good, cheap transportation!

Easy engine to work on though it hasn't required much of any work, ground clearance better than many SUVs, all-around nice balance and solid feel. The interior light that stays on until you've started the car is handy, too.

Nothing I can think of, but it's a little late to suggest improvements for a car made in 1990, isn't it?

AMAZING AFTER SO MANY MILES!!!!
By CypressMJ

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe VL 2dr Coupe

I'd have to say I am really proud of my Cavalier VL coupe. She runs great and fast. As a teenager still in the 'wanna-be fast' stage of my life, this baby has all the power I need with a 3.1L engine pulling about 140 horsepower. Other then the lack of stylish exterior and constant rust problems, my car, after 102,456 miles on it, still runs fresh off the dealership. Watch out for that thermostat, though. She'll stick on ya!

3.1L V6, 140 HP engine under the hood, and body kit w/ spoiler.

more excelleration, better exterior look.

Our Cavalier Z24
By Traci & Rob

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Z24 2dr Coupe

I would recommend to anyone buying a used car that the Z24 is a grat car to buy. She handles real well. Love the power when shifting gears.