1990 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Our Cavalier Z24
By Traci & Rob on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I would recommend to anyone buying a used car that the Z24 is a grat car to buy. She handles real well. Love the power when shifting gears.

RUST!!!!!
By NickP on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Don't let the side skirts of this car fool you. Behind them lies plenty of rust. This is a great car if cared for but down the road be ready to bring out the bondo and refurbish the wheel wells, door jams, and the door panels.

A balance of performance and economy
By unknownZ24 on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Mine has 250,000km but runs like new. The compression is still almost perfect,and it starts first go. A little bit of water under the hood, and some body rust, but that's what ontario winters do. I've had no major problems.

Good car if you take care of it.
By AIM : Pikachoo1980 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

My 3.1l v6 has >160,000miles on the original engine. The transmission has about 70,000 miles on it(rebuilt). I have never, EVER, been left on teh side of the road because it broke down. It has always started on the first crank. I don't abuse her, but I don't pamper her either. I say it is a great car. I have only had to spend money on teh airconditioner, radiator, and I went ahead and replaced all of the gaskets (not neccessary, but it had minor leaks) on the car when I bought it. Too bad there is no aftermarket support.