1990 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Best first car EVER
By Jen on 07/24/10 09:47 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

It's the best car I could imagine for a first car. It's fun, and pretty economical, great for A to B driving, and as reliable as anything. The only damage to my car is my fault, and even after rolling off the road and down a hill there was practically no damage at all! IT'S A TANK! But runs like any sporty little coupe you can find. The fuel economy says 20-26 but I actually get around 28, living and driving on back roads mostly, and highway. Sometimes better, sometimes worse. But anyways, it may not be the sexiest beast around, but it's just as good if not better than one. I wish they still made them, if you ever find one and someone you know needs a great reliable and durable car-get it.

Awesome car!
By Bibblebop on 02/25/10 12:09 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

For a car to from point A to B, this car has been great. Twenty years old and still running awesome. I have 95k on it and picked it up 4 years ago with 54k. Its cheap to buy parts for and runs forever. This is my second Cavalier and a true fan. Look around, you still see old Cavaliers everywhere. Thats tells a story on the quality these little cars are known for.

Chevy
By Joel on 02/06/06 22:59 PM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Wagon

It's not fast but gas mileage is probably even better than it should be. Bought car private party from original owner. 36k original miles! A lot of plastic in the interior but it's not supposed to be a luxury car. This Chevy handles well and I would recommend it for anyone with a piggybank and a drivers license.

Cavalier wagon a trooper
By juniorgriff on 05/15/05 00:42 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 4dr Wagon

I have owned 17 cars since i have got my licence in '88 and all of them do not compare to this super trooper. I don't think they put too many 6 cylinders. in the wagons, but it is a great engine. Check this... 325,000 kms. AMAZING!! Forget Camrys and Accords. This car will not stop! I am not regular with the oil changes and tune- ups, and I drove it twice to Vancouver from Calgary, and once to Toronto and back! Sure, the paint is faded and there is a little rust around the wheel wells, but I am proud to tell people this old dog is still kicking. The only major thing I have done is brakes, tires and right side ball joint. If this car makes it to 375,000 I am going to write a letter to GM. Great job boys!

Great car
By John Bierman on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

Great little car, bought for my father when he was commuting 600-700 miles a week for less than $1000 from local GM dealer. Only work needed was a new battery and a new starter (althouth replacing just the solenoid probably would have fixed it as well). Love the styling on it, comfortable seats, good gas mileage (25 mpg or so in town, 30+ on the highway). Always as dependable as any car I've had (although my old Datsun 210 wagon was pretty good too), with terrific ground clearance (a big help for getting through the snow where I live). Solid machine I'd recommend to anyone needing good, cheap transportation!

AMAZING AFTER SO MANY MILES!!!!
By CypressMJ on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier VL 2dr Coupe

I'd have to say I am really proud of my Cavalier VL coupe. She runs great and fast. As a teenager still in the 'wanna-be fast' stage of my life, this baby has all the power I need with a 3.1L engine pulling about 140 horsepower. Other then the lack of stylish exterior and constant rust problems, my car, after 102,456 miles on it, still runs fresh off the dealership. Watch out for that thermostat, though. She'll stick on ya!

Our Cavalier Z24
By Traci & Rob on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I would recommend to anyone buying a used car that the Z24 is a grat car to buy. She handles real well. Love the power when shifting gears.

Excellent Car
By Gregory Jackson on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

My car was purchased new I have 378K miles and never had any engine work. It does not leak any oil.I've put new belts,alternator,plugs and wires. But that basic maintenance on a vehicle. I put new chrome rims and tires on about 4 years ago. I need a new A/C compressor and will be getting a paint job soon. As for engine work it runs great. It's the Heartbeat of America!!

RUST!!!!!
By NickP on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Don't let the side skirts of this car fool you. Behind them lies plenty of rust. This is a great car if cared for but down the road be ready to bring out the bondo and refurbish the wheel wells, door jams, and the door panels.

A balance of performance and economy
By unknownZ24 on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

Mine has 250,000km but runs like new. The compression is still almost perfect,and it starts first go. A little bit of water under the hood, and some body rust, but that's what ontario winters do. I've had no major problems.