Used 2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Captiva Sport model:

Do Not Buy This Car!
By Pat Neal

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport LTZ Fleet 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We had this car for two years. First year, the alternator went out. Then the USB port shorted out and we had the dealer unhook it rather than replace it. Then, when you turned on the turn signal, the radio stopped for a few second sand the cruise control quit. Then it progressed to the radio cutting out when yoy put on the breaks. Of course, it did not do it when the dealer looked at it. Finally, the mechanic replaced the BCM, at a charge of $500,00,and said he didn't know if that would fix the problem. We left on vacation the next week. It started doing the same thing. In New Hampshire, we took it again to a Chevy dealer, who put it on the computer and said rhat the BCM was fried. He said that he suspected the wiring harness was bad and he could replace or start running codes and it might take a week to find the problem. Either one would cost several thousand dollars. We thought we would just drive it home but the engine started cutting out when driving. c At that point, we said to heck with it and traded it in, taking a loss since it was no where near paid for. But we wanted no part of that lemon any more. I have read many reviews since then and many people have had the same problem.

Captivia sport
By Bill

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport 1LT Fleet 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Over all a great car has had an issue with the drivers side bottom left seat cover coming off that's it. fast, fair MPG, comfy.

Has anybody...
By Debra Lee

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport 1LS Fleet 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just wondering if anyone has an issue with the seal around the Driver Shaft leaking??? My Captiva is now 2years since I bought it. I went for my 2nd inspection on this "Brand New" 2012 Captiva and there's a charge of $850.00 because of this issue. Who has that kinda of money to put into a "Brand New" Car??? I chose to buy "Brand New" so I wouldn't have any "Major Issues" for at least 5yrs!!!

Will never go back to Chevy after this...
By amyjv8

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport 2LS Fleet 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car easily reaches a 5-6 RPM when accelerating. - And it would not even beat a snail in a race. I have an average MPG of 21, and I drive about 90% interstate. I have brought the vehicle into dealerships for inspection more than once but they say nothing is wrong. It shifts hard, it idles hard, and it sounds like a 1992 vehicle - when it is really a 2012. This was my third Chevrolet vehicle and I can say, due to this experience, I will never own another one. STAY AWAY!

2012 FLEET CAPTIVA SPORT
By 2012captiva

2012 Chevrolet Captiva Sport 1LS Fleet 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After 8 years and over 123k miles, the old Subaru Forester needed significant repairs. Needed a roomy SUV, not a subcompact. Found the Chevy Captiva at Hertz car sales; 33k.After 36K, car would lose power for no reason; check engine light came on. While waiting for appt. with Chevy dealer, car then stalled while idling-had to have it towed.Needed oxygen sensor and fuel injector-no longer covered by warranty.Ran sluggish after repairs.Took to mechanic friend - changed transmission + brake fluid.Found transmission fluid to be black, needed new cap; found a worn cracked bolt to shock absorber. Don't know what else he did, but it runs like silk now. (chevy did suggest changing fluids at time)

Roomy, comfortable. Would like better mpg; but am averaging 25mpg.

Work on mpg. Other than that am happy with this car at this time.

• SUV