1996 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 4-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )
consumer
By BTLFDSS on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is my second Caprice and I love it. There a very few things that you can do with this car. The interior is very spacious you can fit a family of five comfortably. The trunk is hug and for a car the towing capacity is pretty good. Chevy had a great thing going I can't believe they stopped building these great cars.

Best of 40 Cars I've EVER HAD!!
By CarLvrOne on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had 40 cars so far. From Cadillac to Toyota to Suzuki, etc. Some have been used, but a majority have been new. I can safely say my '96 Caprice is the "smoothest, quietest and most comfortable car I've ever been in" and that's saying something since I have been in BMW, Mercedes and Lexus (the supposed standard) Cars before. Lots of room inside. From what I've seen these EASILY go 200K+ miles and with long-life fluids/timing chain, maintenance will not be a chore (like Japanese/German Cars). Sad to see it go, I will cherish mine.

great car ever made
By gbr on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

great car

A Highway Car
By Wm R Dunton on 03/11/02 21:35 PM (PST)

1996 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

Cruises at 70 mph w/cruise control. Gets 24.5 true mpg at that speed. Replaced factory shocks with stiffer premium shocks and get positive steering and stopping. Not fast at takeoff but enough power from 30to70. Rides very well but not cushy or mushy with P225-75/15 Michelins. Plenty of room (I'm 6'2" 200lbs) Minimal repair cost. Maintained carefully.