Used 1995 Chevrolet Caprice Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Chevrolet Caprice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:

1995 caprice wagon 5.7 lt1 4l60e
By jdiesel86

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I have literally owned this car for about 6 hours and there is nothing more that I would like to do than drop a 6 speed and a twin turbo set up on it. This car is a beast. Very comfortable. The power goes to the correct wheels. It's got brakes. It's brilliant. I love it.

Favorite Features

Literally everything

Suggested Improvements

Needs a manual and a twin turbo set up

Trans Went
By joes12

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Born 1995 Died 2011...not too bad considering the mileage was in the upper 100s. Biggest problem was electrical and tuneups,there were oil leaks but what killed it was actually the transmission gears went from trying to maneuver around in the snow up here. Not good in snow either btw,that wheel drive was not cut out for it.

Favorite Features

Design,size.

Suggested Improvements

The way they designed tuneups was atrocious! Have to remove water pump to do tuneups,which made it time and money intensive.

An American Classic
By idonthave1

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I had a 93, liked it; then I bought a 95 and I love it! I bought both cars from a city auction. Both are police cars, and the 95 is a 9C1 package. Its 2010 and I still think this 95 caprice looks sexy. It is fun to drive, and lots of power. Most of all, it is an American classic. It plays a huge part in our automobile culture.

Favorite Features

Power, and fun to drive. Built quality is amazing. Sits comfortably for five 6 ft tall people.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise. LT1 engine heating fluctuates. Three common interior damages are: Arm rest/handle. Power window/window rail. Digital dash board.

15 years, still going.
By OKCEngineer

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I bought my 9C1 Caprice at an auction for $3000, and its been the best $3000 I've ever spent. This car is fun, fast, and cool!

Favorite Features

stability, handling and power. Caprice lovers are all over the place and I often get comments about the car.

Suggested Improvements

The arm rest and gas mileage are the main two. Also, I did have a problem with getting a little uncomfortable at engine heat, but a newer and bigger radiator fixed that problem.

Speedometer
By ernieb19

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Hi, I love this car, I pay $500 from my work place (was a trade for a new 2008 Lucerne), it had only 65400 miles an old man. I never hade any problems. I have the small V8 4.3 l. I use only Castrol Synthetic and Exxon regular in all my cars, I go about 360/390 miles every 2 weeks with a full tank! Now the only thing is the digital speed, goes on and off once in a while. It is a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

The performance and the style, the comfort and the handling

Suggested Improvements

Too bad the interior must be armor alled not to dry out .