1995 Chevrolet Caprice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
Trans Went
By joes12 on 01/26/13 16:47 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Born 1995 Died 2011...not too bad considering the mileage was in the upper 100s. Biggest problem was electrical and tuneups,there were oil leaks but what killed it was actually the transmission gears went from trying to maneuver around in the snow up here. Not good in snow either btw,that wheel drive was not cut out for it.

An American Classic
By idonthave1 on 04/04/10 08:04 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I had a 93, liked it; then I bought a 95 and I love it! I bought both cars from a city auction. Both are police cars, and the 95 is a 9C1 package. Its 2010 and I still think this 95 caprice looks sexy. It is fun to drive, and lots of power. Most of all, it is an American classic. It plays a huge part in our automobile culture.

15 years, still going.
By OKCEngineer on 02/01/10 17:21 PM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I bought my 9C1 Caprice at an auction for $3000, and its been the best $3000 I've ever spent. This car is fun, fast, and cool!

Speedometer
By ernieb19 on 01/28/09 08:48 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Hi, I love this car, I pay $500 from my work place (was a trade for a new 2008 Lucerne), it had only 65400 miles an old man. I never hade any problems. I have the small V8 4.3 l. I use only Castrol Synthetic and Exxon regular in all my cars, I go about 360/390 miles every 2 weeks with a full tank! Now the only thing is the digital speed, goes on and off once in a while. It is a great vehicle.

Takes a lickin..
By AmericanOwner on 05/07/08 15:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in place of my 74 Caprice Classic (which was solid no problems). After buying this one from a lot, had a few basic maintenance probs but overall it's been running solid ever sense. Has close to 200k miles and still rides better than most of my friends 2k late models.

Ex-cop car
By jason on 04/29/08 12:54 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It had a few problems with it when I first bought it. One of the engine fans were out, the radiator was cracked, and brake lines broke soon after purchase, but! For $900 the power and comfort that came with this ride is unbeatable. I hope to hold on to this car for the rest of my life.

Best Chevy Car Ever Made.
By DonDao on 09/14/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I bought a 1993 9C1 caprice in 2001 and I loved it. I bought a 1995 Caprice with 110k and it has more HP, and is much more fun to drive. I had to replace the AC pump since it was out when I bought it, but it wasnÂ’t hard to do. Any Caprice from 1991-1996 are good solid cars. They are easy to fix, parts are reasonable. The car is comfortable, reliable, and is real safe to drive. The only bad thing is MPG, interior, and it's a big car. I had 3 Hondas and 3 Chevys, but the Caprice is the one I love!

Watch maintenance expenses on older cars
By R on 08/16/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Opti-spark ignition causes tune up to be $500+ in parts, and 8hrs+ labor. Good thing it's got a 100K mile recommended tune up interval. Electronic speedo display prone to failure. AIR pump (smog control device) fails on nearly every car. Interior door panels (esp. driver's) prone to falling apart. However, in spite of this, I absolutely love this car. Drive it 31 miles each way to work, with about 21 MPG highway, for a full size car with 155K miles on it.

192K and Still Truckin'
By KCmajones on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

About 2 years ago I was looking at a lot of old cop cars to buy and by luck, my friend's older brother was looking to sell his caprice he had bought through ebay a few years prior (he bought a one way plane ticket to NJ and drove it back to Detroit!) because he needed a truck. So I bought the '95 ex-NJ state police Caprice from him. I paid $3,000 for it and it had 165K miles. I've had to replace the starter, front shocks (heavy engine), ignition cap, wires, and fuel filter (about $1600 total). I just recently hit 192K miles and the engine (original miles) runs clean. The only downside to this car is the lees than stellar gas mileage.

My Second Caprice and still love them
By Attila on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Wagon

I also owned a '93 caprice with a 305 and just downright love the additional power of the LT1 V8. The dash is a lot better although I would prefer an analog spedometer and a tach. The new larger side mirrors were a great improvment. If you get a hold of a police model, it has great handling for the size of vehiclewhile still holding a bunch of people and cargo. This 2 ton vehicle is capable of embarrasing most import owners while your Lt1 equiped versions can beat many mustang gt's as weall as the much hyped about Mercury Marauder.