Used 1994 Chevrolet Caprice Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:

the best deal for your money
By Derek

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

If find somebody that put a lot time into it you have nice car but you have to do the same it will run forever

GM was dumb to discontinue this line
By LT1 Fan

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I had 2 Caprices - an ex-cop car and a wagon. Both were equipped with the now- legendary LT1. My Cop car was purchased with 58K on the odo and the only necessary repair during its life was a starter which was cheap and installed in less than a half an hour. Car was bulletproof and with the plethora of bolt-on aftermarket parts was an absolute blast to drive. Engine was flawless and never leaked, missed or failed to start. My wagon, after being beaten for 90K miles road like a Caddy with a simple, $600 overhaul of the entire suspension. My buddy's Caprice has over 220K on it and the valve covers have never been removed. Superb cars that GM should've kept refining.

LT1 Engine, safety, reliability

GM needs to relaunch this line.

Great car
By Kempen

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

What can I say? It's a Caprice! I've had mine for 3 years now and put 45k mils on her. It's been very reliable so far minus a few little electrical issues. This car has never broken down on me and left me stranded. The L99 (4.3L)which is identical to the LT1 (5.7L) but with smaller stroke and bore is very adequate for city driving especially with some power programming. Gas mileage is very good for a 2 ton vehicle.

Looks great, cheap replacement parts, very comforatable. Takes well to a wide array of mods.

Improvements? That's a moot point considering they don't make these babies anymore. It's got the typical mid grade GM plastic. Some other folks have issues with the optispark distrubutor common to all other LT1 powered cars.

The Best Car I Ever Owned
By starbreeze74

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Caprice a year ago and it was the best purchase I have made. With over 260,000 miles it still runs just as smooth and great as the day it was put on the lot in 1994.

Looks, comfort, & dependability of a luxury car.

I was going to sell, but now I can't
By carino

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

After reading everyone else's reviews, I realized how lucky I am to have this car. I could use the extra cash and thought about selling, but now I see I would probably regret it later. I have the police package too, and anytime I would take it in for service, they would say, "Well you have police tires" or "Police brakes are more expensive". It just makes the car all that much more interesting. Very reliable car, and I look forward to keeping her for many more years to come.

"Special suspension" from the police package, the body, and the great Heat/AC system.

Roll out a new model in the future.

• SUV