1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
Must put back in reperduction
By Robert Gearring on 07/09/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

My caprice is one of a kind. If you keep up your maintenance it will never disappoint. Like the camaro I wish Chevrolet would start back making this car. Two of my friends have this car one a 94 and 95 and they think they're great to. Just thank about bringing it back, it would be a big seller.

Nothing to trade up to.
By TDM on 02/11/10 15:47 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

Got ours,fulylded lther seat,4.3L,at 32K frm retd couple who got it new.Safe to say it's never been abused.Hwy Mpg at 32K was 30.5 obsving spd lmts,cruise,& fully loaded.It's had only 1 tuneup.Last rd trip at 140K was 29.1 mpg.If mass is #1 factor in safety this size leads the way.Comfort? One revwer said it was like drving a livingroom dn the rd.Couldn't agree more.Yet it handles superbly in all cond's.The 6way seat holds the drver in grt drving posture while he compltely escapes normal drving fatigue-all day!Dependable? We've replaced only the water pump.All sched mntnance perfmed.Eng smokefree leaks 1qt in 3K (fixable).Still rustfree.Trade?No thx. The combo is just too good-what a ride!

GM was dumb to discontinue this line
By LT1 Fan on 06/29/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I had 2 Caprices - an ex-cop car and a wagon. Both were equipped with the now- legendary LT1. My Cop car was purchased with 58K on the odo and the only necessary repair during its life was a starter which was cheap and installed in less than a half an hour. Car was bulletproof and with the plethora of bolt-on aftermarket parts was an absolute blast to drive. Engine was flawless and never leaked, missed or failed to start. My wagon, after being beaten for 90K miles road like a Caddy with a simple, $600 overhaul of the entire suspension. My buddy's Caprice has over 220K on it and the valve covers have never been removed. Superb cars that GM should've kept refining.

My all time favorite car
By Bob on 08/01/06 15:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is, and has always been, a beautiful driving and riding car. Bought it new. No major repairs, ever. Gas mileage is great for a car of this size (approx. 20 mpg overall). Oil changed regularly at 3000 miles. If it were my only car, it wouldn't be for sale

Great car
By Kempen on 04/23/06 17:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

What can I say? It's a Caprice! I've had mine for 3 years now and put 45k mils on her. It's been very reliable so far minus a few little electrical issues. This car has never broken down on me and left me stranded. The L99 (4.3L)which is identical to the LT1 (5.7L) but with smaller stroke and bore is very adequate for city driving especially with some power programming. Gas mileage is very good for a 2 ton vehicle.

The Best Car I Ever Owned
By starbreeze74 on 08/24/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Caprice a year ago and it was the best purchase I have made. With over 260,000 miles it still runs just as smooth and great as the day it was put on the lot in 1994.

I was going to sell, but now I can't
By carino on 06/13/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

After reading everyone else's reviews, I realized how lucky I am to have this car. I could use the extra cash and thought about selling, but now I see I would probably regret it later. I have the police package too, and anytime I would take it in for service, they would say, "Well you have police tires" or "Police brakes are more expensive". It just makes the car all that much more interesting. Very reliable car, and I look forward to keeping her for many more years to come.

The best and safest work car .
By jman on 12/27/04 00:56 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is the most reliable car for the price. It has plenty of room and has good performance even with the 4.3 V-8. That's right ,4.3 V-8 -- a special motor that can deliver V-8 power with low fuel consumption like a 6 cylinder. I bought this car for $2,800 and i have put 75,000 miles on it. It is a good car for new drivers. It's cheap, its' powerful, it's safe,it's reliable.

The best and safest work car .
By jman on 12/27/04 00:56 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is the most reliable car for the price. It has plenty of room and has good performance even with the 4.3 V-8. Thats right, 4.3 V-8, a special motor that can deliver V-8 power with low fuel consumption like a 6 cylinder.I bought this car for $2,800 and i have put 75,000 miles on it. It is a good car for new drivers. Its cheap,its powerful,its safe,its reliable. There is nothing like it except the Impala.

One of my favorite cars ever!!!!
By A_Double on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

This will not be a helpful review only because I can say nothing except this is one of my favorite sedans of all time (I own the 9c1 [police package] version by the way)!!!!