1994 Chevrolet Caprice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
GM was dumb to discontinue this line
By LT1 Fan on 06/29/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I had 2 Caprices - an ex-cop car and a wagon. Both were equipped with the now- legendary LT1. My Cop car was purchased with 58K on the odo and the only necessary repair during its life was a starter which was cheap and installed in less than a half an hour. Car was bulletproof and with the plethora of bolt-on aftermarket parts was an absolute blast to drive. Engine was flawless and never leaked, missed or failed to start. My wagon, after being beaten for 90K miles road like a Caddy with a simple, $600 overhaul of the entire suspension. My buddy's Caprice has over 220K on it and the valve covers have never been removed. Superb cars that GM should've kept refining.

Great car
By Kempen on 04/23/06 17:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

What can I say? It's a Caprice! I've had mine for 3 years now and put 45k mils on her. It's been very reliable so far minus a few little electrical issues. This car has never broken down on me and left me stranded. The L99 (4.3L)which is identical to the LT1 (5.7L) but with smaller stroke and bore is very adequate for city driving especially with some power programming. Gas mileage is very good for a 2 ton vehicle.

The Best Car I Ever Owned
By starbreeze74 on 08/24/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I bought my Caprice a year ago and it was the best purchase I have made. With over 260,000 miles it still runs just as smooth and great as the day it was put on the lot in 1994.

I was going to sell, but now I can't
By carino on 06/13/05 09:25 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

After reading everyone else's reviews, I realized how lucky I am to have this car. I could use the extra cash and thought about selling, but now I see I would probably regret it later. I have the police package too, and anytime I would take it in for service, they would say, "Well you have police tires" or "Police brakes are more expensive". It just makes the car all that much more interesting. Very reliable car, and I look forward to keeping her for many more years to come.

The best and safest work car .
By jman on 12/27/04 00:56 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

This car is the most reliable car for the price. It has plenty of room and has good performance even with the 4.3 V-8. That's right ,4.3 V-8 -- a special motor that can deliver V-8 power with low fuel consumption like a 6 cylinder. I bought this car for $2,800 and i have put 75,000 miles on it. It is a good car for new drivers. It's cheap, its' powerful, it's safe,it's reliable.

The best and safest work car .
By jman on 12/27/04 00:56 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

This car is the most reliable car for the price. It has plenty of room and has good performance even with the 4.3 V-8. Thats right, 4.3 V-8, a special motor that can deliver V-8 power with low fuel consumption like a 6 cylinder.I bought this car for $2,800 and i have put 75,000 miles on it. It is a good car for new drivers. Its cheap,its powerful,its safe,its reliable. There is nothing like it except the Impala.

One of my favorite cars ever!!!!
By A_Double on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

This will not be a helpful review only because I can say nothing except this is one of my favorite sedans of all time (I own the 9c1 [police package] version by the way)!!!!

Why don't they still make them
By bsaxophone on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 69,000 miles on it. It was this or a crown vic, and I chose the chevy because it was more fuel efficient, and a little bit bigger. Also the car's fit and finish was a little bit more normal everyday working man's finish. It can tow 5,000 lbs. And the 4.3 litre is plenty of power.

Caprice 9C1 Police Package
By coprice on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I bought the car 2 years ago with 162,000 miles for $3200 on eBay from a local city police department. I drive the car 85 miles for day to work and get 20 mpg. It's big, roomy and solid. Now with almost 200,000 miles (engine replaced at 87,000 by police dept) a few things are wearing out but nothing of a siginificant cost.