1993 Chevrolet Caprice Consumer Review: LTZ is the best version for 19

1993 Chevrolet Caprice - Consumer Review

LTZ is the best version for 1993!
By JB's LTZ on

1993 Chevrolet Caprice LTZ 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car to death. Bought it with 45K used. At 75K, blew the engine but wasn't upset. I was glad! It was covered by my extended warranty! The new engine was great! Now after 150K on the newer engine and 215K on the car it has developed a condition where it eats radiators every 9 months to a year. It's sad. I haven't been able to find anyone that can fix it. Some guys said it could be a bad head gasket or even electrical gremlins. I don't know. I want to keep the car but with gas prices out of control I can't afford the gas for this car any longer.

Favorite Features

The Bose Silver Series stereo is great. Interior held up way better then expected. Birdseye wood grain is very elegant. Has 9C1 heavy duty suspension package. Has oil/trans coolers w/ a POSI rear end. The car is built like a tank. I climb curbs when I want to get around traffic. Good in snow too!

Suggested Improvements

These cars aren't made anymore so what suggestions can be made? The car is very durable. I installed BMR sway bars and now it handles like its on rails. Also upgraded to the 9C1 springs and Monroe Severe Service Shocks...now huge potholes are nothing. I wish the radiators would hold.