1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
The "Beached Whale" Lives On!
By Richard on 05/31/07 18:17 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

While getting up there at 142,000 miles and not the best at gas mileage (15 MPG city & 21 highway), this Caprice Classic 9C1 is not ready to retire just yet! The back seating area ensures that the driver and front passenger would never have their rear passenger's knees bumping into their backs. This vehicle has taken most of its miles in big-city urban driving, and it has shown remarkable dependency. On the highway, its size has given the driver a sense of security while cruising between massive trucks. An unexpected additional safety factor is that many speeders slow up when coming up from behind, because they think it's an unmarked trooper car!

One of Chevrolet's best!
By Ken on 05/13/07 04:38 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have had in 33 years of driving. I bought it 3 years old with 90,000 after the police were done with it. Today it has 201,000 miles and is running just as strong as the day I bought it. I have replaced the brake pads twice and the shoes once. At about 100,000 it needed a fuel pump, at 180,000 the idler arm was replaced and then nothing else until over 190,000. Since then it has needed a blower motor, waterpump, raditor, tie rods, lower ball joints and a starter. At about 195,000 it started to leak oil but if I add a bit now and again it will probably go another 70,000. I am looking at Impalas but will keep this as a second car.