1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
By Alan on 09/05/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

Good car, good gas mileage, fits a lot of people. Bought it with 116,000 miles on it has never had a problem except for light bulbs going out. Rear defroster does not work right now. Gas mileage is not bad. I average around 20- 23 mpg with marathon gasoline. Has rust on bottom rear fender behind tire and has a lot of rust under the car

Best Car I've ever had
By Scott on 03/07/08 18:44 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

Bst car that I have ever owned. Geat for towing and long trips on the highway. Petty easy to work on too.

Ex-Cop Car
By 327capricess on 02/05/07 14:30 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 170000km on the engine. It has proven to still be a strong engine. I have buried the needle on the speedo and it was still pulling hard. The suspension is unbelievable. I have approached corners with slow to 60km signs and maintained a speed of 120km without any tire squeal nor slippage. The $1300 Fulda tires help out too. The dual bench seats are excellent for comfort. Lots of elbow room. This car is one of the most well balanced cars I have ever seen. I would buy this car over any Vette. Want power, open the hood and see all the room you have for a big block.you want speed, you have it.this car is very steamlined for the highway.want to get noticed, blow the comp away.

Love it
By goldvirg01 on 11/09/06 15:03 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Caprice. The 1st was a '91. It has 152,000 miles and rides pefect. Drinks too much gas. I get about a little over 200 miles on a full tank and I use premium gas. But it only drinks like that in the city. Strong motor. Not fast at all, but strong. Will burn rubber. Very heavy car. Fun to drive. I think it is one of the best cars ever made, except for the gas mileage. 91-93 were the best years from my experience.

Money well spent
By Michigan car on 06/29/05 15:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

Very reliable. Blew oil pan gasket at 130,000, no other problems. Easy owner maintenance.

caprice built like a rock
By cloudsdoc on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle last year with over 160000. It is in excellent shape. Had alot of miles on it but The car had been well taken care of by the looks of it. It now has over 212000 miles on it and still no oil usage. Still blows cold air and gets 25 miles to the gallon on the highway. I love this car. Chevrolet has a good thing with the caprice.

Best New and used car I've owned
By HGB on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

I bought my first Caprice new in October of 1991. When I can across another one in 2000 with only 40k miles, I had to pick it up also. They are a very comfortable car with enough of an engine to move it along nicely. On long highway trips it also gets decent gas mileage (25MPG on one and 27MPG on the other). If they still made these I would buy a new one.

Caprice Classic Love it!
By schlots on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

Purcased this car on an estate auction with 27,000 miles in 2001. Best car I have ever owned! Luxury, reliability, great to drive, and best of all, very economical.

best used car ever
By rttaylor on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

After I bought this car all I had to do to it was changed the oil. Interior spotless and the engine was clean. At first I thought I would never find a clean chevy that would run good in January without spending some money on repairs. But this car started perfectly when temp was below zero. Only a chevy would handle like this. Praise God for being so good to the chevy name.

Caprice LTZ
By avanti on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

One of the most reliable cars we have ever owned. Purchased new, and currently has 138,580 miles & repairs have been limited to normal wear items, such as brakes, belts and a new battery. Engine, transmission and exhaust system are all original. Wish we could buy a new Caprice