1992 Chevrolet Caprice Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet Caprice - Consumer Reviews

Base Sedan (5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
By Alan on 09/05/08 16:44 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Good car, good gas mileage, fits a lot of people. Bought it with 116,000 miles on it has never had a problem except for light bulbs going out. Rear defroster does not work right now. Gas mileage is not bad. I average around 20- 23 mpg with marathon gasoline. Has rust on bottom rear fender behind tire and has a lot of rust under the car

Ex-Cop Car
By 327capricess on 02/05/07 14:30 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 170000km on the engine. It has proven to still be a strong engine. I have buried the needle on the speedo and it was still pulling hard. The suspension is unbelievable. I have approached corners with slow to 60km signs and maintained a speed of 120km without any tire squeal nor slippage. The $1300 Fulda tires help out too. The dual bench seats are excellent for comfort. Lots of elbow room. This car is one of the most well balanced cars I have ever seen. I would buy this car over any Vette. Want power, open the hood and see all the room you have for a big block.you want speed, you have it.this car is very steamlined for the highway.want to get noticed, blow the comp away.

best used car ever
By rttaylor on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

After I bought this car all I had to do to it was changed the oil. Interior spotless and the engine was clean. At first I thought I would never find a clean chevy that would run good in January without spending some money on repairs. But this car started perfectly when temp was below zero. Only a chevy would handle like this. Praise God for being so good to the chevy name.

good car
By gebo on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

Bought vehicle new in 1992. Currently 120000 miles. Reliable. replaced radiator, alternator only. wear and tear - 2 batteries, two sets of tires, two brake jobs. No engine or transmission repairs. original exhaust system still on car. Still gets 25 mpg highway, 18 mpg city. I will own this car for several more years.

Attractive & Powerful
By Dairenn Lombard on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet Caprice 4dr Sedan

The best looking vehicle ever designed combined with V8 power and a roomy interior makes this the perfect car for anyone, but, especally familes. Unless you're towing a lot of cargo, the 20.4 cubic ft. of trunk space plus the 5-passenger (6 if kids are in the back) leaves much to be desired in the way of an ugly SUV. Low maint. and 100's of thousands of miles will go by before you have to get something else.