1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
What was GM Thinking, finally a RWD car that works.
By drvette on 12/18/11 22:17 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

Dad bought our "91, new, traded in an excellent 82 Caprice that was great also. The vehicle NEVER gave any problems whatsoever Price was some $18k or so, still they command about $5,000 for a nice one on Autotrader, so Edmunds, get your pricing correct..

Should I even swiitch?
By Chev Fan on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I own a 1991 Caprice. I am about to own a 1996 Buick Roadmaster if I think it will be as good a car as the Caprice. My Caprice gets 31mpg. No lie!!! My only complaint about the Caprice is the driver's sea. It's not a power one on this model and because I am only 5'2 i have to use a seat cushion so I can see over the dash. I also don't find the seat comfortable on drives longer than 1/2 hour. I've been told the Buick will fix that. The car has 370,000km on it and the only thing not working is the A/C. The engine has never been opened up, burns no oil. I'm only considering switching because of the newer year and the power seats.

smooth ride?
By big brad on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has really been the best car i have ever owned.For the first 6 months i had absolutly no problems w/ it. But then stuff started to wear. I had the hole front steering done, then the intake manifold gasket,followed buy shocks and then the timing chain and valve cover gaskets..But since i did all the work myself instead of spending over $1250 i spent just under $350

Summary of vehicle condition.
By Stan on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

Oil was changed every 3,000 (as close as possible)miles. I have never had to add any oil between changes. Maintenance was performed as soon as possible. Vehicle was never in any major accident and only three very minor ones. Upholstery is in excellent condition.

Summary of vehicle condition.
By STAN on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

The one that won't Die
By Big B on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about 5 1/2 months ago.It had 116,000 miles on it.But when i bought it i knew that i wouldn't have to replace anything any time soon. I myself have not had to do one minor or major repair on this boat.It is the most reliable car i have ever driven. (Just make sure you buy it from an old person, they like those cars)