Used 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:

What was GM Thinking, finally a RWD car that works.
By drvette

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

Dad bought our "91, new, traded in an excellent 82 Caprice that was great also. The vehicle NEVER gave any problems whatsoever Price was some $18k or so, still they command about $5,000 for a nice one on Autotrader, so Edmunds, get your pricing correct..

26+ MPG in rolling terrain, a two week trip to South Florida using 2 full tanks of fuel, = 30.6mpg and 31.4mpg The axle is a 2.76, so PLAN Way Ahead of your stops, the vehicle will coast forever. Surprising, it feels SICK, sluggish, passing a car at 50 or so, I looked up to see a State Trooper Helio hovering the road. I looked down to see 90+ mpg I lost some paint on the bottom of the front bumper that day, J/k, though I did slam the brakes on. Relatives with Camry's Maxima's etc only got like 22-24mpg My 2 Bonnevilles, a 92 and a 95 only get 23~mpg This with a 3.8 V-6 and a FWD transmission that is really pitiful. ' IF the trans does have to come out, It can pull one in 45 minutes

The crash tests show a weakness on the passenger 'A-Pillar" Buick Electra Seats with more padding and the super nice armrest would be nice. I think ALL cars should be direct injected, with an Oxygen Sensor on each cylinder, that way the individual cylinders could be tuned to perfection. Adding Grill Shutters like the Cruze, and underbody panels would make this unit get into the 30's mpg The springs are a bit weak for my tastes, the Police Springs would fix that I think. A rear sway bar on all models would help. Very little to make this a 'Perfect" car. Thanks GM for finally making a wonderful vehicle, then finding making Trucks at the Caprice/Roadmaster plants was more profitable.

One sweet ride
By Mike

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

I've only had the car for a week thus far, built like a rock and can take the miles it's got on it and act like brand new.

the power, the grace in turns, and the lines are amazing

mechanical fuel gauge instead of electric.

great
By andrewalesso

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

great car. rarely a problem. strong car. strong frame. good in all weather conditions. comfotable.

Should I even swiitch?
By Chev Fan

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I own a 1991 Caprice. I am about to own a 1996 Buick Roadmaster if I think it will be as good a car as the Caprice. My Caprice gets 31mpg. No lie!!! My only complaint about the Caprice is the driver's sea. It's not a power one on this model and because I am only 5'2 i have to use a seat cushion so I can see over the dash. I also don't find the seat comfortable on drives longer than 1/2 hour. I've been told the Buick will fix that. The car has 370,000km on it and the only thing not working is the A/C. The engine has never been opened up, burns no oil. I'm only considering switching because of the newer year and the power seats.

stereo sound, trunk space, fuel economy

better driver's seat

smooth ride?
By big brad

1991 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has really been the best car i have ever owned.For the first 6 months i had absolutly no problems w/ it. But then stuff started to wear. I had the hole front steering done, then the intake manifold gasket,followed buy shocks and then the timing chain and valve cover gaskets..But since i did all the work myself instead of spending over $1250 i spent just under $350

It is a great ride and pretty fun to drive. Great interiour quality and after all the work one heck of a good running car.no work done forthe last 6 months.it was worth the work!

should have gone w/ the 350 ci engine. It isnt slow but it sure isnt fast.Firm up the ride.