1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
Built well, but Beware...
By 87classic on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off an older uncle in my family who pampered this car and rarely drove it. As of this date it has only 180000KM's and the problems with it are increasing by the day. BEWARE! i have the 307 W/OD engine in this car, it gets a mere 12MPG (THATS RIGHT!) and sucks down oil like you wouldnt believe. I take VERY good care of this car and the engine just seems to want to quit on me. We think its the valve guide seals, or the carburetor float is letting in too much gas and diluting the oil, or possible the piston rings are gone...however its not worth my $$ to get it fixed ($700-1200 job)

Great Car
By capriclassy on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. It has'nt many problems at all. Right now the valve seals are being replaced however. This car is very long, i dont recommend anyone who is starting to drive to take this car. Turning can sometimes be hard because of the length of the car..and some people dont understand. Extremely safe too, ive ran into poles going 10km/h and absolutely nothing happened to the car! I get only 16MPG however.

These cars never die!!!
By Derek W on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I own a 1990 Caprice with 229,000 miles and still climbing! The car has orginal Tranny and engine also!!! I am getting about 27 miles to the gallon on average city and highway driving. These were great cars, keep your and keep it for a long time because according to GM, they stoped making good cars

ex 1990 capice police car
By young man on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

I have a 1990 caprice ex cop car that my dad bought for me on my 16th birthday (last year)with 250,000 miles on it and it runs great. This fall i beat a mustang 5.0 by about 6 car lenghts. since then i have driven a couple front wheel drive cars only to find that i belong in a caprice.

built to light
By KenT on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic Brougham 4dr Sedan

Alternator went out. 117.00 for the part, excessive, and this was discount. I discovered it was the third time the alternator went out on the car with recipts. 68000 orig. miles. Everything inside seemed too lightweight. the arm rest was breaking when someone sat in the middle, power window buttons came off, heater buttons and of course the headliner. Body took dings too easy and the seats were uncomfortable. Radio was killer to change and unreliable.

brandon
By Brandon coyne on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Classic 4dr Sedan

this car rocks it is one of the best reliabl cars i have everbought

The Greatest
By franvdf on 10/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had mine since new and it runs better than my2003 corvette. NO JOKE!