1990 Chevrolet Caprice - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:
Built well, but Beware...
By 87classic on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 4dr Sedan

I bought this car off an older uncle in my family who pampered this car and rarely drove it. As of this date it has only 180000KM's and the problems with it are increasing by the day. BEWARE! i have the 307 W/OD engine in this car, it gets a mere 12MPG (THATS RIGHT!) and sucks down oil like you wouldnt believe. I take VERY good care of this car and the engine just seems to want to quit on me. We think its the valve guide seals, or the carburetor float is letting in too much gas and diluting the oil, or possible the piston rings are gone...however its not worth my $$ to get it fixed ($700-1200 job)

Great Car
By capriclassy on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. It has'nt many problems at all. Right now the valve seals are being replaced however. This car is very long, i dont recommend anyone who is starting to drive to take this car. Turning can sometimes be hard because of the length of the car..and some people dont understand. Extremely safe too, ive ran into poles going 10km/h and absolutely nothing happened to the car! I get only 16MPG however.

ex 1990 capice police car
By young man on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 4dr Sedan

I have a 1990 caprice ex cop car that my dad bought for me on my 16th birthday (last year)with 250,000 miles on it and it runs great. This fall i beat a mustang 5.0 by about 6 car lenghts. since then i have driven a couple front wheel drive cars only to find that i belong in a caprice.

brandon
By Brandon coyne on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Chevrolet Caprice Classic 4dr Sedan

this car rocks it is one of the best reliabl cars i have everbought