2015 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Awesome
By Wayne

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/1LS (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I haven't owned a Camaro since the first body style change, but this is the one yet.

Corporate Fast-food in car form
By Alex

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm in this because my 2015 WRX was rear ended. My 2015 WRX and 2008 VW Rabbit MkV are the reference cars for this review. I know it's not a V8 but a V6 should have plenty of power to thrill. Even though the redline is at 7,000 rpms, the transmission is phenomenally resistant to going over 3,000 rpms when in "Sport" mode. The transmission behaves similarly to a Honda transmission where it's most happy when it's parked. You can manually shift the car with the paddles on the steering wheel, but the materials are so cheap that it sounds like a cat vomiting every time you pull one of them. The chassis is okay when going around corners but I wouldn't trust it on a back road. This thing has almost no traction (could be due to more economical tires installed by rental company... my WRX has new PSS tires that are phenomenal). Outward visibility is CRAP! You have to be paying attention to traffic, because someone can easily be sitting in your blind spot or could be approaching and you wouldn't see them. Parking this thing is all about guessing where the lines are. The roof line is so low that you can't see the signal lights when you're stopped in front of them. Rear visibility is as good as you get in a Lamborghini SV. The seats are made for fat people and don't hold you in place. The steering feels artificially heavy and you get no feedback from the road. Forget resting your arm out the window on a hot day when you just want to cruise. The window opening is too high and causes my swimmer's shoulder to want to come out of its socket. The steering wheel and armrests are placed and sized very well for comfort. Interior design is pretty damn good. The entertainment system is ok/frustrating. If you think Bose sound systems are good, then you won't complain. All the controls are well placed and function as you think they would. Receiving calls over Bluetooth is fine. The ride is very comfortable (again, compared to a 2015 WRX). CONCLUSION: This car is pure branding. You buy this because you want people to see you in a Camaro, even though a lot of car enthusiasts think this car is crap. It doesn't have the performance or thrills to overcome its shortcomings. I wouldn't trust this car in the rain. These cars are posers. (I've put over 20,000 miles on my WRX in a year. I've put maybe 150 miles on this Camaro.... and I already want to burn it)

High geared 2LT RS
By West Coast Cruiser

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

You should know this car with the 6 cylinder is to be driven with careful aggression to provide the performance. It is very torquey and fast when shifted to lower gears and high RPM level. With space it will generally control its domain over other vehicles on the road and it steers and brakes very well. In traffic you need to take care with the blind spot being ferocious on 3-4 lane road 1 lane over. In slower heavy traffic the 6 cylinder tends to transition meekly in auto or too aggressively when downshifted with paddle and changing lanes (a steady medium is hard to find when passing slow vehicles that are typically geared better for commuting at rush hour). But all of that becomes your risk..... and once you learn this you can drive the Camaro V6 to its maximum and eat up the road.
In regard to interiors. The 2LT RS with leather and heads up display, navigation, onstar, electric seats etc. is simply another car apart from the base camaro. The interior is absolutely awesome and has much room up front for large adults with legs (more than the average mid-size sedan) . It is a 2 adult car and the family dogs easily fit in back over a padded cover.

2015 Camaro SS 2SS
By Ron M

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The acceleration on the SS model will put a smile on your face, especially when you let it go on an on ramp. When you hit about 3500 RPM in third gear, the car launches like another engine takes over.

The car takes some heat for the poor visibility, but if I wanted that I would have purchased something else. I had a couple of 300zx cars and visibility is about the same. My dad has a Corvette and it has visibility issues as well. My solution is to speed up when changing lanes to make sure my blind spot is clear and have a really good insurance policy. :)

When I go out and drink, I use a designated driver service, and the drivers that take me home thank me for letting them drive my car. That is how fun this car is to drive. If power is your thing, then another benefit with the Camaro SS is that for 10 - 13 K, you can add modifications to the stock engine and have 640+ HP without worry about stressing the engine. If your budget is below 60 K and you desire a muscle car experience from the 60s, then this is the car for you.

beautiful car
By kimmy

2015 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/1LS (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought a camaro 2 days ago. I LOVE IT. The car is sooo pretty and the ride is absolutely not noisy,
I really don't know what that person is talking about. It handles so well on the road and turns. Voted
Best car for handling. The only thing that does make me a little nervous, the drivers side does have
a blind spot. You just have to be very careful and know your surroundings at all times. Get the car. You will
Absolutely love it. I Do, so happy my husband got it for me.