2014 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Very sharp car. Compliments ev

2014 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (6.2L V8 6-speed Manual w/2SS)

Very sharp car. Compliments everywhere I go ! (:
By jason151 on

2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm 42, married with two kids. I needed a midlife crisis fix. I test drove the 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Challenger 5.7 Hemi and finally the Camaro 2SS 6.2 . Out of those three above mentioned choices, the Camaro impressed me by far. It doesn't have throttle lag like the Mustang. Handles surprisingly nicely around turns and doesn't float at high speeds like the Challenger. The only downfalls of my particular model is I hate the "skip shift" feature; making you shift from 1st to 4th under light throttle. The owner's manual stated this is designed to improve fuel economy. I have found that revving the engine above 2,000 rpms will allow you to shift normally. A true adrenaline rush, a blast to drive!

Crisp throttle response at all speeds. Head turning looks even from the most discriminating of crowds. Surprisingly conformed ride for an American car. Above average build quality. Sits low like the previous generation Camaros. Hill hold feature on standard transmission; good for those steep uphill starts !

Boston Acoustics sound system has no bass; sounds "thrashed" when turned 3/4s of the way up. A little disappointing but nothing an aftermarket subwoofer can't fix.