Used 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Fun!!
By Cm

2014 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Convertible w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Good for the money
By Steve

2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Convertible w/1SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in a 2012 Honda Civic ex and got a 2014 camaro LS. It really seems like a lot of car for the money you pay. It's pretty much the price of a same year civic coupe, maybe with an option or two or a trim level above base but still... It's not much more expensive then a Ford Focus either. You basically are just giving up fuel economy and getting a lot more car for the money. I mean the base model is 323 hp and you can get 1-3 year old used ones well under 20k that have only few miles on them. Very affordable! If you have money to spend you have a supercharged beast in the ZL1 and then the Z28 which has a 7.0 L V8. The car is a lot of fun to drive. the front seats are very comfortable. The back seats are very cramped however. Visibility out of the back isn't very good but I'm getting used to that. Trunk space is great - but I'd rather have more backseat space. Pretty sure the trunk ate the backseat. Also the sound system is decent but lacks a USB port for a flash drive or cell phone sync cord. A tad dissappointing considering the civic I owned had a usb and you could pick songs on a phone or iPod through the cars sound system while driving with relative ease. Now being stuck with an old aux cord you would have to scroll through your phone which is dangerous while driving. Next car I'll have to get that type of system again as it was extremely convient for playing MP3's. So to summarize, PROS are the cars looks performance, trunk space and comfort in the front seats for a very reasonable cost. CONS are the cramped back seats, rear view visibility and lack of a USB port, though that may be an option in a more expensive trim level. Fuel economy is fairly decent highway if you are on cruise control, otherwise it's not great but not horrible.

A Great Review for a 2014 Camaro ZL1
By Trent C Mulkern

2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

What a great automobile! Except for gas mileage, it rated a five star rating. Both exterior and interior were of impeccable quality and condition.

The only car I've ever been afraid of...
By Tim

2014 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

...is this 2014 Chevy Camaro ZL1 convertible with the 6 speed manual transmission. I've owned 2 other Camaros (1990, 2010), 2 Mustangs and even a Corvette (2000), but nothing had the performance to make me fear for my life like this ZL1. It accelerates like a rocket, handles like it's on rails and stops on a dime so there's no real need to review the performance of the 6.2L supercharged engine. I mean, 580 hp and 556 lb/ft of torque speak for themselves. Were I so inclined I could cut the tires loose in almost any gear despite the traction control, however I don't make enough money to keep replacing them.
Instead, I'm going to focus on the technology and aesthetic aspects of the car. First, the styling is gorgeous. Heads turn wherever we go, and once folks see the ZL1 script on the hood fingers begin pointing. Yes, it's difficult to see out of it when the top is up but I knew that going in. Besides, the top is rarely up. It's a summer time car and I use it as such. It gets appalling gas mileage; yes I said appalling. Roughly 12-14 mpg. But I wasn't buying a Prius, nor is this my daily driver so I'm ok with it. The infotainment system is decent and relatively easy to use once you've read the manual and played with it awhile, but the Boston Acoustics stereo is bad. Coming from a THX II Surround system in my Lincoln I am severely disappointed. I expected so much more. Sigh...
The alcantara/leather seats and alcantara on the steering wheel/shift knob/dash are nice touches and make the interior stand out. There is plenty of room up front (6'5" driver here), but none in the back. None. Nada.
All in all, I am thus far eminently satisfied with this car. I've put a little over 3k summer time miles on it and I've smiled during all of them. I wanted a sexy, fun, ridiculously fast and completely unnecessary indulgence and that's exactly what I got!

Fun Ride!
By darkvictory

2014 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have an automatic with the paddle shifting. The car is great fun but I agree, the blind spots are considerable. I've learned to position the car to overcome them when turning. I have no issue when driving as the mirrors fine. Lots of power for a v6. I get 22-23 city gas mileage and do most of my driving in the city so I'm quite pleased. The car is comfortable on long drives with good back support. I consider mine a 2 seater because no one would be comfortable sitting behind me. Very tight in the back. Trunk opening is oddly small but trunk space is super! Only regret is that I didn't get a manual transmission. A bit throatier. This car doesn't rumble much.

Comfort Style Power Really fun to drive!

Make it so that it has a throatier sound. Different mufflers or resonators perhaps.