2013 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Very Fast Car

2013 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

ZL1 Coupe (6.2L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Very Fast Car
By jose_l on

2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I use to own a 2011 Camaro SS before I bought my 2013 Camaro ZL1 earlier this year and man there is a huge difference in performance, power wise and handling. Every time I get in and drive this car I feel like I'm like the king of the road because I can accelerate an pass the majority of cars or brake quickly to avoid accidents. The reviews say it is has a small trunk opening and small back seats and hard to see out of. I think it's like everything you just have to get use to it, I took care of that when i drove my 2011 camaro SS. I give this car in a rating of 1 to 5. Let me see I would give it a 7+

Power Handling Style Bullet Proof Engine and Suspension Reliability

I would include a spare tire, No spare just a compressor with fix a flat. Maybe make the back windows rollable sort of like the old chevy camaro's have the sunroof included in the ZL1 Package not as an option. $60,000 + should be enough to cover the cost of a sunroof.
By hsearcy
on 06/05/14 20:06 PM (PDT)

I owned Muscle cars in the past. I have wanted that type of performance again for years. I bought a new 2010 Camaro SS loaded, six speed standard shift. It was a good car but I didn't like it. Chevy compromised too much towards fuel economy. I bought a new 2013 Camaro ZL1 loaded, 6 speed standard shift. It is an awesome car. It does everything well. I noticed a huge difference between it and my SS before I even left the parking lot when I test drove it. You have the power of a muscle car. The handling and braking of a sports car and the luxury and ride of a top line BMW. It does have road noise but that is the only weakness that I have discovered. Fuel economy isn't as good as the SS but it's over twice as good as my GTO and Chevell SS I owned and my ZL1 would smoke those two cars in every category. If you like the way it looks. Buy it. You will not be disappointed. Oh. My 2010 Camaro SS retained a lot of its value when I sold it in January 2014.