Used 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

I love my Camaro
By Doug

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/1LS (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have enjoyed the past 3 years in my Camaro, even though it is a base model. This is my 3rd Camaro that I've owned, and the V6 outperforms the older V8s models that I've had. There are little things that I really appreciate, such as the windows opening a crack when you open the doors, so you never get the it didn't close all the way situation. Or, the radio staying on after you remove the keys and shuts off after you open a door. The seats are comfortable, the dashboard well laid out and easy to manipulate. You can only stream phone over bluetooth, so I have to connect via auxiliary connection to play music from my phone. It does have XM/Sirius, CD player (plays MP3s on CD too), and is smart enough to remember different music settings between radio/cd and the auxiliary input. When I had On-Star, they were able to send directions to the dashboard, which was almost like having a nav system. The trunk has room, but the opening doesn't allow you to put larger items into it, which is too bad. It is the best Camaro that I've driven in the winters, but still not very good in the snow. Visibility takes some getting used to as you sit lower and things feel like they are at neck level, though you can adjust the seat height. I've also been able to fit my child in the back seat from 7-10 years old, though he's soon outgrowing it.

If I were looking for a used muscle car, I wouldn't hesitate in getting this. If you want something quick, but don't necessarily drive fast on a regular basis, I'd say the V6 would be fine for those times when you want to have a little fun.

Pros:
Quick acceleration
Fun to drive
Comfortable
Well laid out controls/dash
Added intelligent designs

Cons:
Trunk opening
Base stereo doesn't stream audio over bluetooth, just phone
Mileage (I average 24 mpg mixed)

I feel like Jeff Gordon!
By Pat B

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is hella fun... I did have to upgrade the exhaust system so it can sound more like a V8. I also installed a cold air intake which woke up the beast even more. This car has a lot of power and taking off the traction control can get you in trouble if you don't warm up the tires first. I've had the car since 2013 and I have put around 44,000 miles on it. I haven't had any serious issues with this car. The only issue I have had is with the rear deck lid speakers vibrating. I took it to the shop and they said the speakers were blown, but I can't fathom why that would be since they are the "upgraded" Boston Acoustic speakers. I would replace them with better aftermarket ones, but after watching some YouTube videos and seeing how difficult it was to get the speakers out, I just took it to the dealership to have them replaced with the same ones (under warranty). Hopefully these will last a bit longer. So that is the only repair I've had to do. Other than that, the only other con is that the car is pretty expensive (to buy and to maintain). Gas is expensive (17MPG), oil changes are expensive (8 quarts Mobil 1 do it yourself = $70), and the payments ($600/month) leave you wondering where your check went. It leaves little room on my income to do any more upgrades or keep up with other minor things that go bad (windshield wipers, tires, etc.) By the way the tires are $300 a piece and i have gone through 3 rear sets of tires and I am currently on my 2nd pair of front tires. So all-in-all, you pay to play. If you have the extra money, it is a great value for an awesome piece of technology. I plan on keeping mine for as long as it will last.

You will hate AFM on V8 with auto transmission
By Kevin

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

After 2 years and 13,000 miles i have learned to hate this car which only has one flaw. "Active Fuel Management" (otherwise known as AFM or DOD) There are thousands of posts on the internet about this because your lovely V8 drops into 4 cylinder mode and runs like a nissan Sentra with a bad tune. AFM is not on the car with a manual transmission. So I am trading my beautiful Camaro for a Ford Mustang that has a real V8 without this horrible feature.

If you put exhaust on this car with automatic transmission it sounds like a fart mobile every time it goes into 4 cylinder mode. I burn way more gas trying to accelerate the car back into V8 mode.

Camaro LT w/ RS Package
By luke326

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2013 Camaro LT with the RS Package (automatic)..best decision I could make! I love my new Camaro, it's a blast to drive, a total head turner. Only complaint is very poor visibility when backing out of a parking spot. So I just back in so I'm pulling out nose first and problem solved. It gets great gas mileage. I constantly get compliments when filling up at the gas station. I bought it with 20K miles on it, it was a lease car turned in and was in perfect condition.

Favorite feature is the overall body style...looks HOT!

Too bad the 2013 didn't all come with standard back up camera on all Camaro's...it's very much needed on this car. I've almost had people take off the back of my car when backing out because I can't see them coming.

Great Sport Car, Poor reliability
By tony241

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Hello everyone, my recent last month experience with my 2113 Camaro 1LT Coupe, had making me question the reliability and durability of the brand.
Just imagine, having your entire tire assemble system with break pats and everything that comes with it, broke apart while you are driving above 70 miles an hours, YOLO,
If you do! Welcome to my world.

It is a nice looking car, however, I don't think it is reliably.

The right tire and the entire assembly system broking off the car. I saw the entire system, abandon my car and carry on moving forward. Without any exaggeration, I saw my life flash in front of my eyes, I thought I was a goner. If that is not a necessary improvement, I don't know what else to say.