Used 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Camaro LT w/ RS Package
By luke326

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2013 Camaro LT with the RS Package (automatic)..best decision I could make! I love my new Camaro, it's a blast to drive, a total head turner. Only complaint is very poor visibility when backing out of a parking spot. So I just back in so I'm pulling out nose first and problem solved. It gets great gas mileage. I constantly get compliments when filling up at the gas station. I bought it with 20K miles on it, it was a lease car turned in and was in perfect condition.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the overall body style...looks HOT!

Suggested Improvements

Too bad the 2013 didn't all come with standard back up camera on all Camaro's...it's very much needed on this car. I've almost had people take off the back of my car when backing out because I can't see them coming.

Great Sport Car, Poor reliability
By tony241

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Hello everyone, my recent last month experience with my 2113 Camaro 1LT Coupe, had making me question the reliability and durability of the brand. Just imagine, having your entire tire assemble system with break pats and everything that comes with it, broke apart while you are driving above 70 miles an hours, YOLO, If you do! Welcome to my world.

Favorite Features

It is a nice looking car, however, I don't think it is reliably.

Suggested Improvements

The right tire and the entire assembly system broking off the car. I saw the entire system, abandon my car and carry on moving forward. Without any exaggeration, I saw my life flash in front of my eyes, I thought I was a goner. If that is not a necessary improvement, I don't know what else to say.

Nephew's Camaro, Not Mine
By weldrup

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe SS 2dr Coupe w/1SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Nephew went to Qatar for a year (Army) and left the car with me. Fun to drive, handles great, rides OK for what it is, mileage is good, good looking car...BUT...preparing the car for his return, after washing and waxing, I see the car has marks under the clear coat which will not come off. I tried different waxes, buffing with 3M Finesse...clear coat is ruined as far as I'm concerned. I've seen this same defect on my 1996 Intrepid and my 2003 Dodge Ram. It must the good old boys at Detroit using the cheap junk because my 2002 Honda (296000 miles) sits in the same driveway, and does NOT have these issues. I'm glad we taxpayers just gave GM $10 billion to produce junk!!!

Favorite Features

Great appearance, comfortable once inside (I'm 59), will go around a corner....I'd love to take it to the track and see what it would really do!!!

Suggested Improvements

Go steal a quart of Honda clear coat, analyze it, and start putting on paint jobs that hold up!!! Give me some place to hold the gas cap please.

GM "What Quality Control" ?
By buuud

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Problem 1: When I first picked up the car it exhibited a loud creaking noise from bad front end bushings. Problem 2: Driver side weather-stripping kept falling down out of its channel. Problem 3: After 5 months of ownership was a slight shuddering I thought was something with the motor. It would start at about 1400 rpms during acceleration. Mechanic test drove the car saying it feels like its misfiring. BS, it had a bad tranny and four attempts later I got it back. Problem 4: Metallic sound from driver side rear. Lug nuts loose. Tightened myself. Sound gone.

Favorite Features

Right now I can't see them. Not worth the aggravation for whatever the reason why I bought this car.

Suggested Improvements

Contacted GM to inform of issues. Was told 7 or 8 trips to the dealership on a new car is OK as long as they honor their warranty. GM needs to know when too many problems on one vehicle is not acceptable and honor the customer or they wont have any. Stick with Asian cars, my 2 have never seen the dealership.

A real head turner.
By spurned

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 Camaro LT2 nearly 4 months ago. Opted for the 6, with a manual transmission and the RS package. A blast to drive, and quite the head turner for many passing motorists and pedestrians alike. Car is solid, plenty of pull, and I love the sound/feel of the exhaust in the higher RPM's. HUD is a nice touch, and gauges are easily visible. Rear leg room is limited, and I wouldn't recommend it. Its a daily driver for me, and I look forward to it. Rear visibility is limited, but with the optional camera assist, I can see just about everything I need when backing up. Getting about 24 MPG now, with a mix of city and highway driving.

Favorite Features

Comfort. The LT2 comes with heated leather seats, and are super comfy. The seats seem like there is endless adjustments, plus the telescoping/tilt wheel gave me the options I need to be able to drive in comfort, for extended periods of time. Decent gas mileage, and cheaper insurance then a V8. Styling is great, with not many other Camaros in this area. My rear seat DOES fold down, as I have had to use this feature once, as the passenger had more luggage then anticipated.

Suggested Improvements

A wider trunk opening would have been nice. More leg room for rear passengers. More body color options. (I have only counted 8 other Camaros in my area, and two of them are the same color as mine. Naturally I didn't seem them until after brought the car home...)