Used 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

The Most Fun You Can Have on 4 Wheels
By dex10

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I just got a new 2SS model convertible and all I can say is . . . OMG! I came out of an Audi A4 Avant with the 3.0 engine, which is a great car with excellent performance and appointments. The Camaro is my very first muscle car and convertible, so I thought I'd do it up right. Pretty much everything I've read about it thus far, both pro and con, is true. Bottom-line, it is a beautiful car to look at (LOVE the retro look and feel)--top up or down, and is really a blast to drive. While I will miss the nimbleness of the Audi and its German engineering as compared to the heft of the Camaro, the V8 engine certainly makes it fun to throw that weight around!

2013 V6 Camaro Convertible 2 LT auto trans
By joemac26

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned three Camaros, a 1991 coupe, 1995 convertible and my current 2013 convertible.This is undoubtedly the best one yet. Great performance from the V6, good mileage and this sucker handles like an Indy car on the curves. Plus it has a very good ride. The engine pulls as good or better than the other two V8 models and I am getting used to the V6 sound. Mine is Blue Ray Metallic with white stripes and I entered it in its first car show Saturday and it won Ist place in its class. I also get a lot of great comments about it. I was going to buy a corvette but I'm glad I didn't 'cause this car gets much more attention and can run on the "cheap" gas. I love this car!!!

Favorite Features

Acceleration and handling, hands down. Auto trans with paddle shift option.

Suggested Improvements

The sun visors are a joke, about 3 inches wide and only go down, not to the side.

Go For It
By chuckfromli

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Just got my 2SS Convert a little over two weeks ago. Have just over 1000 miles on it. Obviously I can not speak as to reliability yet, but it seems well built and I've had no problems. It is definitely the most fun I have ever had in a car. I did have a 1997 Trans Am convertible, and that was fun, but this is much more solid. This just feels heavier and has much less body flex. It has no body flex really. I traded in a Toyota Sienna that I had bought just over a year ago. I bought that minivan for my wife, and I realized that with no little kids left at home, we really didn't need it, and I hated driving it. So I kept the wife, got rid of the minivan. She's good with that.

Favorite Features

Heads up display, paddle shifters, Boston Acoustics sound system, bluetooth. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 0-100 in 11 seconds, quarter mile in just over 13 seconds.

Suggested Improvements

It's quieter than I expected. Much quieter. The six speed has 26 more H.P. (426 vs. 400 with the auto) I am guessing that is because the manual has a different exhaust. This engine is turbine like, no drama, it just hooks up and goes.

2013 camaro convertible 2lt FUN
By chrisrich13

2013 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

One word FUN This car has everything you need to have a great time driving. I was not certain which engine to get when I ordered this car the v8 sounds great , the 6 cyl gets good gas mileage and has more power than you need. So if your on the fence about which engine to purchase you will be still having a blast with the 6 cyl.

Favorite Features

This car is sturdy and handles great. acceleration is quick and breaking is good. Front seats comfortable for larger people. Ambient light doors.... nice. For a sports car that stands out, this is a good pick.

Suggested Improvements

Like all the reviews with this car, truck space is limited, back seat leg room limited, visibility limited.... but for any car in this class Chevy can't give you anything more.