2013 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
The Most Fun You Can Have on 4 Wheels
By dex10 on 05/21/14 12:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I just got a new 2SS model convertible and all I can say is . . . OMG! I came out of an Audi A4 Avant with the 3.0 engine, which is a great car with excellent performance and appointments. The Camaro is my very first muscle car and convertible, so I thought I'd do it up right. Pretty much everything I've read about it thus far, both pro and con, is true. Bottom-line, it is a beautiful car to look at (LOVE the retro look and feel)--top up or down, and is really a blast to drive. While I will miss the nimbleness of the Audi and its German engineering as compared to the heft of the Camaro, the V8 engine certainly makes it fun to throw that weight around!

Great Sport Car, Poor reliability
By tony241 on 05/12/14 14:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Hello everyone, my recent last month experience with my 2113 Camaro 1LT Coupe, had making me question the reliability and durability of the brand. Just imagine, having your entire tire assemble system with break pats and everything that comes with it, broke apart while you are driving above 70 miles an hours, YOLO, If you do! Welcome to my world.

2013 V6 Camaro Convertible 2 LT auto trans
By joemac26 on 03/24/14 17:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned three Camaros, a 1991 coupe, 1995 convertible and my current 2013 convertible.This is undoubtedly the best one yet. Great performance from the V6, good mileage and this sucker handles like an Indy car on the curves. Plus it has a very good ride. The engine pulls as good or better than the other two V8 models and I am getting used to the V6 sound. Mine is Blue Ray Metallic with white stripes and I entered it in its first car show Saturday and it won Ist place in its class. I also get a lot of great comments about it. I was going to buy a corvette but I'm glad I didn't 'cause this car gets much more attention and can run on the "cheap" gas. I love this car!!!

Nephew's Camaro, Not Mine
By weldrup on 12/29/13 11:12 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Coupe w/1SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Nephew went to Qatar for a year (Army) and left the car with me. Fun to drive, handles great, rides OK for what it is, mileage is good, good looking car...BUT...preparing the car for his return, after washing and waxing, I see the car has marks under the clear coat which will not come off. I tried different waxes, buffing with 3M Finesse...clear coat is ruined as far as I'm concerned. I've seen this same defect on my 1996 Intrepid and my 2003 Dodge Ram. It must the good old boys at Detroit using the cheap junk because my 2002 Honda (296000 miles) sits in the same driveway, and does NOT have these issues. I'm glad we taxpayers just gave GM $10 billion to produce junk!!!

Very Fast Car
By jose_l on 11/07/13 10:18 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I use to own a 2011 Camaro SS before I bought my 2013 Camaro ZL1 earlier this year and man there is a huge difference in performance, power wise and handling. Every time I get in and drive this car I feel like I'm like the king of the road because I can accelerate an pass the majority of cars or brake quickly to avoid accidents. The reviews say it is has a small trunk opening and small back seats and hard to see out of. I think it's like everything you just have to get use to it, I took care of that when i drove my 2011 camaro SS. I give this car in a rating of 1 to 5. Let me see I would give it a 7+

GM "What Quality Control" ?
By buuud on 10/25/13 14:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Problem 1: When I first picked up the car it exhibited a loud creaking noise from bad front end bushings. Problem 2: Driver side weather-stripping kept falling down out of its channel. Problem 3: After 5 months of ownership was a slight shuddering I thought was something with the motor. It would start at about 1400 rpms during acceleration. Mechanic test drove the car saying it feels like its misfiring. BS, it had a bad tranny and four attempts later I got it back. Problem 4: Metallic sound from driver side rear. Lug nuts loose. Tightened myself. Sound gone.

A real head turner.
By spurned on 10/23/13 17:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 Camaro LT2 nearly 4 months ago. Opted for the 6, with a manual transmission and the RS package. A blast to drive, and quite the head turner for many passing motorists and pedestrians alike. Car is solid, plenty of pull, and I love the sound/feel of the exhaust in the higher RPM's. HUD is a nice touch, and gauges are easily visible. Rear leg room is limited, and I wouldn't recommend it. Its a daily driver for me, and I look forward to it. Rear visibility is limited, but with the optional camera assist, I can see just about everything I need when backing up. Getting about 24 MPG now, with a mix of city and highway driving.

Know the Facts
By clyde54 on 10/02/13 15:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have wanted to get a Camaro since they started making them again in 2009 but when they came out the dealerships marked them up as high as $5000 above sticker. So I settled on a Mustang waiting for the price to get more reasonable. Since then the trans on the mustang went out after 4 years and I found a new 2013 2LS in Las Vegas that was below sticker price. Yes I bought it and found out it has true dual exhaust, 323 HP, 4 wheel independent suspension, and extremely FUN to drive. If your looking for a sports car for half the price of a Corvette, this is the way to go in style. If your looking for a Cadillac, Buy a Cadillac.

Stylish but Disappointing Quality
By witchknowscars on 08/09/13 18:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is full of flaws. Many of them I noticed immediately on my drive home from the dealership. First thing the next day I took the vehicle back for service and was told the car needed to be broke in. Really ? A clunky front end and steering wheel wobble needs to be broke in ? This car was broke before I even bought it. Is it normal for a car to stall / shut off after a hard left turn ? The people servicing these vehicles are just as incompetent as those designing & building them. I own 7 cars, and this one is by far the poorest quality with the worst service. This vehicle is a typical GM S-Box, the only good things are the engine & transmission, rest is junk. Buyer Beware !

Go For It
By chuckfromli on 06/23/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Just got my 2SS Convert a little over two weeks ago. Have just over 1000 miles on it. Obviously I can not speak as to reliability yet, but it seems well built and I've had no problems. It is definitely the most fun I have ever had in a car. I did have a 1997 Trans Am convertible, and that was fun, but this is much more solid. This just feels heavier and has much less body flex. It has no body flex really. I traded in a Toyota Sienna that I had bought just over a year ago. I bought that minivan for my wife, and I realized that with no little kids left at home, we really didn't need it, and I hated driving it. So I kept the wife, got rid of the minivan. She's good with that.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro in VA is:

$173 per month*