2013 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
2013 V6 Camaro Convertible 2 LT auto trans
By joemac26 on 03/24/14 17:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned three Camaros, a 1991 coupe, 1995 convertible and my current 2013 convertible.This is undoubtedly the best one yet. Great performance from the V6, good mileage and this sucker handles like an Indy car on the curves. Plus it has a very good ride. The engine pulls as good or better than the other two V8 models and I am getting used to the V6 sound. Mine is Blue Ray Metallic with white stripes and I entered it in its first car show Saturday and it won Ist place in its class. I also get a lot of great comments about it. I was going to buy a corvette but I'm glad I didn't 'cause this car gets much more attention and can run on the "cheap" gas. I love this car!!!

Nephew's Camaro, Not Mine
By weldrup on 12/29/13 11:12 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Coupe w/1SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Nephew went to Qatar for a year (Army) and left the car with me. Fun to drive, handles great, rides OK for what it is, mileage is good, good looking car...BUT...preparing the car for his return, after washing and waxing, I see the car has marks under the clear coat which will not come off. I tried different waxes, buffing with 3M Finesse...clear coat is ruined as far as I'm concerned. I've seen this same defect on my 1996 Intrepid and my 2003 Dodge Ram. It must the good old boys at Detroit using the cheap junk because my 2002 Honda (296000 miles) sits in the same driveway, and does NOT have these issues. I'm glad we taxpayers just gave GM $10 billion to produce junk!!!

Very Fast Car
By jose_l on 11/07/13 10:18 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I use to own a 2011 Camaro SS before I bought my 2013 Camaro ZL1 earlier this year and man there is a huge difference in performance, power wise and handling. Every time I get in and drive this car I feel like I'm like the king of the road because I can accelerate an pass the majority of cars or brake quickly to avoid accidents. The reviews say it is has a small trunk opening and small back seats and hard to see out of. I think it's like everything you just have to get use to it, I took care of that when i drove my 2011 camaro SS. I give this car in a rating of 1 to 5. Let me see I would give it a 7+

GM "What Quality Control" ?
By buuud on 10/25/13 14:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Problem 1: When I first picked up the car it exhibited a loud creaking noise from bad front end bushings. Problem 2: Driver side weather-stripping kept falling down out of its channel. Problem 3: After 5 months of ownership was a slight shuddering I thought was something with the motor. It would start at about 1400 rpms during acceleration. Mechanic test drove the car saying it feels like its misfiring. BS, it had a bad tranny and four attempts later I got it back. Problem 4: Metallic sound from driver side rear. Lug nuts loose. Tightened myself. Sound gone.

A real head turner.
By spurned on 10/23/13 17:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2013 Camaro LT2 nearly 4 months ago. Opted for the 6, with a manual transmission and the RS package. A blast to drive, and quite the head turner for many passing motorists and pedestrians alike. Car is solid, plenty of pull, and I love the sound/feel of the exhaust in the higher RPM's. HUD is a nice touch, and gauges are easily visible. Rear leg room is limited, and I wouldn't recommend it. Its a daily driver for me, and I look forward to it. Rear visibility is limited, but with the optional camera assist, I can see just about everything I need when backing up. Getting about 24 MPG now, with a mix of city and highway driving.

Know the Facts
By clyde54 on 10/02/13 15:32 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have wanted to get a Camaro since they started making them again in 2009 but when they came out the dealerships marked them up as high as $5000 above sticker. So I settled on a Mustang waiting for the price to get more reasonable. Since then the trans on the mustang went out after 4 years and I found a new 2013 2LS in Las Vegas that was below sticker price. Yes I bought it and found out it has true dual exhaust, 323 HP, 4 wheel independent suspension, and extremely FUN to drive. If your looking for a sports car for half the price of a Corvette, this is the way to go in style. If your looking for a Cadillac, Buy a Cadillac.

Stylish but Disappointing Quality
By witchknowscars on 08/09/13 18:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is full of flaws. Many of them I noticed immediately on my drive home from the dealership. First thing the next day I took the vehicle back for service and was told the car needed to be broke in. Really ? A clunky front end and steering wheel wobble needs to be broke in ? This car was broke before I even bought it. Is it normal for a car to stall / shut off after a hard left turn ? The people servicing these vehicles are just as incompetent as those designing & building them. I own 7 cars, and this one is by far the poorest quality with the worst service. This vehicle is a typical GM S-Box, the only good things are the engine & transmission, rest is junk. Buyer Beware !

Go For It
By chuckfromli on 06/23/13 15:28 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Just got my 2SS Convert a little over two weeks ago. Have just over 1000 miles on it. Obviously I can not speak as to reliability yet, but it seems well built and I've had no problems. It is definitely the most fun I have ever had in a car. I did have a 1997 Trans Am convertible, and that was fun, but this is much more solid. This just feels heavier and has much less body flex. It has no body flex really. I traded in a Toyota Sienna that I had bought just over a year ago. I bought that minivan for my wife, and I realized that with no little kids left at home, we really didn't need it, and I hated driving it. So I kept the wife, got rid of the minivan. She's good with that.

2013 camaro convertible 2lt FUN
By chrisrich13 on 05/22/13 06:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

One word FUN This car has everything you need to have a great time driving. I was not certain which engine to get when I ordered this car the v8 sounds great , the 6 cyl gets good gas mileage and has more power than you need. So if your on the fence about which engine to purchase you will be still having a blast with the 6 cyl.

Love this car!
By themrchen on 04/19/13 07:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2001 1LS in April 11 from Terry Cullen Chevy in Morrow Georgia, and I just traded for a 2LS in April 13. Great remake of a classic Chevy muscle car. Rock solid no rattle body and chassis, stiff and taught, really good road car. LFX 323 horse power V6 gets the job done for me, brisk acceleration, strong pull from 55 mph till..........well, whatever. Comfy seats, Bluetooth, Sirius radio, CD, aux port, power locks windows trunk release, it has all the standard goodies you would want...........and this is a base model. Never had a problem in 61,520 miles with my 2011, I am sure the 2013 is going to be the same!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Camaro in WA is:

$213 per month*