Used 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Camaro LT w/ RS Package
By luke326

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2013 Camaro LT with the RS Package (automatic)..best decision I could make! I love my new Camaro, it's a blast to drive, a total head turner. Only complaint is very poor visibility when backing out of a parking spot. So I just back in so I'm pulling out nose first and problem solved. It gets great gas mileage. I constantly get compliments when filling up at the gas station. I bought it with 20K miles on it, it was a lease car turned in and was in perfect condition.

Favorite feature is the overall body style...looks HOT!

Too bad the 2013 didn't all come with standard back up camera on all Camaro's...it's very much needed on this car. I've almost had people take off the back of my car when backing out because I can't see them coming.

The Most Fun You Can Have on 4 Wheels
By dex10

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I just got a new 2SS model convertible and all I can say is . . . OMG! I came out of an Audi A4 Avant with the 3.0 engine, which is a great car with excellent performance and appointments. The Camaro is my very first muscle car and convertible, so I thought I'd do it up right. Pretty much everything I've read about it thus far, both pro and con, is true. Bottom-line, it is a beautiful car to look at (LOVE the retro look and feel)--top up or down, and is really a blast to drive. While I will miss the nimbleness of the Audi and its German engineering as compared to the heft of the Camaro, the V8 engine certainly makes it fun to throw that weight around!

Great Sport Car, Poor reliability
By tony241

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Hello everyone, my recent last month experience with my 2113 Camaro 1LT Coupe, had making me question the reliability and durability of the brand. Just imagine, having your entire tire assemble system with break pats and everything that comes with it, broke apart while you are driving above 70 miles an hours, YOLO, If you do! Welcome to my world.

It is a nice looking car, however, I don't think it is reliably.

The right tire and the entire assembly system broking off the car. I saw the entire system, abandon my car and carry on moving forward. Without any exaggeration, I saw my life flash in front of my eyes, I thought I was a goner. If that is not a necessary improvement, I don't know what else to say.

2013 V6 Camaro Convertible 2 LT auto trans
By joemac26

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned three Camaros, a 1991 coupe, 1995 convertible and my current 2013 convertible.This is undoubtedly the best one yet. Great performance from the V6, good mileage and this sucker handles like an Indy car on the curves. Plus it has a very good ride. The engine pulls as good or better than the other two V8 models and I am getting used to the V6 sound. Mine is Blue Ray Metallic with white stripes and I entered it in its first car show Saturday and it won Ist place in its class. I also get a lot of great comments about it. I was going to buy a corvette but I'm glad I didn't 'cause this car gets much more attention and can run on the "cheap" gas. I love this car!!!

Acceleration and handling, hands down. Auto trans with paddle shift option.

The sun visors are a joke, about 3 inches wide and only go down, not to the side.

Nephew's Camaro, Not Mine
By weldrup

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Coupe w/1SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Nephew went to Qatar for a year (Army) and left the car with me. Fun to drive, handles great, rides OK for what it is, mileage is good, good looking car...BUT...preparing the car for his return, after washing and waxing, I see the car has marks under the clear coat which will not come off. I tried different waxes, buffing with 3M Finesse...clear coat is ruined as far as I'm concerned. I've seen this same defect on my 1996 Intrepid and my 2003 Dodge Ram. It must the good old boys at Detroit using the cheap junk because my 2002 Honda (296000 miles) sits in the same driveway, and does NOT have these issues. I'm glad we taxpayers just gave GM $10 billion to produce junk!!!

Great appearance, comfortable once inside (I'm 59), will go around a corner....I'd love to take it to the track and see what it would really do!!!

Go steal a quart of Honda clear coat, analyze it, and start putting on paint jobs that hold up!!! Give me some place to hold the gas cap please.