Used 2013 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

I feel like Jeff Gordon!
By Pat B

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car is hella fun... I did have to upgrade the exhaust system so it can sound more like a V8. I also installed a cold air intake which woke up the beast even more. This car has a lot of power and taking off the traction control can get you in trouble if you don't warm up the tires first. I've had the car since 2013 and I have put around 44,000 miles on it. I haven't had any serious issues with this car. The only issue I have had is with the rear deck lid speakers vibrating. I took it to the shop and they said the speakers were blown, but I can't fathom why that would be since they are the "upgraded" Boston Acoustic speakers. I would replace them with better aftermarket ones, but after watching some YouTube videos and seeing how difficult it was to get the speakers out, I just took it to the dealership to have them replaced with the same ones (under warranty). Hopefully these will last a bit longer. So that is the only repair I've had to do. Other than that, the only other con is that the car is pretty expensive (to buy and to maintain). Gas is expensive (17MPG), oil changes are expensive (8 quarts Mobil 1 do it yourself = $70), and the payments ($600/month) leave you wondering where your check went. It leaves little room on my income to do any more upgrades or keep up with other minor things that go bad (windshield wipers, tires, etc.) By the way the tires are $300 a piece and i have gone through 3 rear sets of tires and I am currently on my 2nd pair of front tires. So all-in-all, you pay to play. If you have the extra money, it is a great value for an awesome piece of technology. I plan on keeping mine for as long as it will last.

You will hate AFM on V8 with auto transmission
By Kevin

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

After 2 years and 13,000 miles i have learned to hate this car which only has one flaw. "Active Fuel Management" (otherwise known as AFM or DOD) There are thousands of posts on the internet about this because your lovely V8 drops into 4 cylinder mode and runs like a nissan Sentra with a bad tune. AFM is not on the car with a manual transmission. So I am trading my beautiful Camaro for a Ford Mustang that has a real V8 without this horrible feature. If you put exhaust on this car with automatic transmission it sounds like a fart mobile every time it goes into 4 cylinder mode. I burn way more gas trying to accelerate the car back into V8 mode.

Camaro LT w/ RS Package
By luke326

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2013 Camaro LT with the RS Package (automatic)..best decision I could make! I love my new Camaro, it's a blast to drive, a total head turner. Only complaint is very poor visibility when backing out of a parking spot. So I just back in so I'm pulling out nose first and problem solved. It gets great gas mileage. I constantly get compliments when filling up at the gas station. I bought it with 20K miles on it, it was a lease car turned in and was in perfect condition.

Favorite feature is the overall body style...looks HOT!

Too bad the 2013 didn't all come with standard back up camera on all Camaro's...it's very much needed on this car. I've almost had people take off the back of my car when backing out because I can't see them coming.

The Most Fun You Can Have on 4 Wheels
By dex10

2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I just got a new 2SS model convertible and all I can say is . . . OMG! I came out of an Audi A4 Avant with the 3.0 engine, which is a great car with excellent performance and appointments. The Camaro is my very first muscle car and convertible, so I thought I'd do it up right. Pretty much everything I've read about it thus far, both pro and con, is true. Bottom-line, it is a beautiful car to look at (LOVE the retro look and feel)--top up or down, and is really a blast to drive. While I will miss the nimbleness of the Audi and its German engineering as compared to the heft of the Camaro, the V8 engine certainly makes it fun to throw that weight around!

Great Sport Car, Poor reliability
By tony241

2013 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Hello everyone, my recent last month experience with my 2113 Camaro 1LT Coupe, had making me question the reliability and durability of the brand. Just imagine, having your entire tire assemble system with break pats and everything that comes with it, broke apart while you are driving above 70 miles an hours, YOLO, If you do! Welcome to my world.

It is a nice looking car, however, I don't think it is reliably.

The right tire and the entire assembly system broking off the car. I saw the entire system, abandon my car and carry on moving forward. Without any exaggeration, I saw my life flash in front of my eyes, I thought I was a goner. If that is not a necessary improvement, I don't know what else to say.

• SUV