2012 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: Never again

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible - Consumer Review

Never again
By rbyrer on

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

(Wont Buy Another Chevy) because Last year I bought a "new" 2012 Camaro. Kept it for a year, didn't like it much and went to trade it in at another car brand dealership. They ask me how it had been wrecked. I told them I bought it new and it had not been wrecked. As it turns out Carfax said it had been wrecked before I bought the car, checked the vin code, it was correct. They had sold me what I thought was a new car which had been wrecked. Went back to the GM dealer, the service manager said they did not know it had been wrecked and refused to do anything about it. I called GM to complain and get something done about it. They sided with the dealer! Maher Chevrolet, ST Pete, Fl.
By myob
on 06/06/13 18:43 PM (PDT)

If this was the case you have a problem with the dealer, not GM. The problem GM has is they can't tell if you wrecked it or the dealer did, repaired it, and sold it to you fraudulently. I dont' know what the damage was, but it's not uncommon for small dents and scratches to be repaired. They SHOULD have revealed this to you, but probably don't have to legally. They can't trash the cars because of a dent, but they should discount them. I have a Volvo bought new with the same issue. The plastic front fascia bottom has apparently been repainted.. It's a minor thing and I suspect this happens at all brands. Otherwise the dealer was top notch. As long as it's not hard-hit wreck damage, it won't affect resale too much. I've sold a BMW with rear end damage repaired professionally and the buyer didn't care. It could well be the case of the buying dealer trying to lowball on the price using whatever excuse they could find. I guarantee you they won't be posting a sign on it saying "paint damaged car for sale".