2012 Chevrolet Camaro Consumer Review: a believer

2012 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Review

a believer
By woodstock8 on

2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2dr Coupe w/1SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The avalanche of accolades/thumbs up from bystanders & motorists, young & old, guy or girl, are telling. This is America (Canadians helped) at its best. People respect the SS b/c they think it's sexy, fast - & they'd be half right. What they don't know is how comfortable the ride is even on 20"s (better than my Toureg/C class), how easy it is to drive in town, how stable it is at freeway speeds & how comfortable/roomy this interior is (headroom not withstanding). The white stripe package on black pops, but few cars under 100k elicit the positive vibes this Super Skunk is getting. Doesn't handle w/ the immediacy of a 997 I test drove, but is much more relaxing to drive.

Such a solid, wholesome & honest package. Accelerates/brakes/handles at the limit like no other 40k car should be able to. After 2.5k miles I still look forward to every turn of the key. Whiplash torque is everywhere from 1st to 3rd. Having a rough day? A smile is truly a right foot tip away. Funny thing is NOBODY seems to get offended when I lay down a little rubber or take years to get out of a parking spot (see below). People (I) dig this car like they (I) rooted for Hulk Hogan in the old days: It makes them (me) proud to be an American. I used to scoff at this type of patriotism. Not anymore. The SS is that great.

Visibility to the rear quarters is nill, moonroof rattles when opened, seatbelt tensioner locks at parking lot speeds and lets go in fast corners, 1-4 skip shift is moronic and makes me look like I can't drive, 6th gear is too tall and lugs at speeds below 70, 17-gallon tank is too small for this guzzler, exhaust sounds wimpy...and yet, the SS is a home run for Chevy/GM. I'm glad my tax dollars have been well spent.