Used 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Dont waiste your money on a Camaro!
By cruize

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

3,000 miles = grinding noise while in motion. 3,500 miles = grinding noise fixed by dealer said it was parking brake engaging while in drive. 3,500 miles = Front Engine cover oil leaks 3,800 mile = Engine oil pan leaks I contacted Generl Motors and explain that this car is falling apart before 4,000 miles. Taylor at Technical Customer Service says thats why it comes with a warranty. All we can do is repair it when it occurs. After two weeks of phone tag GM offers to give me complimentary oil change. I need to return the headache to GM but according to them thats not possible so here it is less than 4,000 miles and car will be in shop for a week to try to fix 2 oil leaks. Acceptable?

Its looks are its greatest feature. As we all know that looks only get you so far. If you married based on looks you would understand that looks are only skin deep. Vain is deciet and Beauty is fleeting. Wish my wife and I did not fall in love with this car based on its looks. the seats are sporty and comfortable if you are not taller than 5' 9'' tall. The chop top looks cool but is not practical at drive up atm, or resturaunts.

General Motors needs to change their name to Government Motors, Garbage Motors, or Generic Motors. This would be a great car if GM designed the body style and Toyota designed the drive train. I owned a 1997 Toyota 4Runner for 283,542 miles, 2000 Toyota Sienna with 112,062 miles, 2002 Toyota Camry for over 107,583 a 2004 Toyota Tundra with 258,951 miles and none of these ever had oil leaks or repairs other than regular scheduled maintenance such as fluid changes, tires and brakes. I still own two Toyotas, my wife and I bought the Camaro Brand New instead of a motorcycle for our date nights. Thank goodness its not a daily driver. Look up Camaro oil leaks its the norm.

a believer
By woodstock8

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe SS 2dr Coupe w/1SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

The avalanche of accolades/thumbs up from bystanders & motorists, young & old, guy or girl, are telling. This is America (Canadians helped) at its best. People respect the SS b/c they think it's sexy, fast - & they'd be half right. What they don't know is how comfortable the ride is even on 20"s (better than my Toureg/C class), how easy it is to drive in town, how stable it is at freeway speeds & how comfortable/roomy this interior is (headroom not withstanding). The white stripe package on black pops, but few cars under 100k elicit the positive vibes this Super Skunk is getting. Doesn't handle w/ the immediacy of a 997 I test drove, but is much more relaxing to drive.

Such a solid, wholesome & honest package. Accelerates/brakes/handles at the limit like no other 40k car should be able to. After 2.5k miles I still look forward to every turn of the key. Whiplash torque is everywhere from 1st to 3rd. Having a rough day? A smile is truly a right foot tip away. Funny thing is NOBODY seems to get offended when I lay down a little rubber or take years to get out of a parking spot (see below). People (I) dig this car like they (I) rooted for Hulk Hogan in the old days: It makes them (me) proud to be an American. I used to scoff at this type of patriotism. Not anymore. The SS is that great.

Visibility to the rear quarters is nill, moonroof rattles when opened, seatbelt tensioner locks at parking lot speeds and lets go in fast corners, 1-4 skip shift is moronic and makes me look like I can't drive, 6th gear is too tall and lugs at speeds below 70, 17-gallon tank is too small for this guzzler, exhaust sounds wimpy...and yet, the SS is a home run for Chevy/GM. I'm glad my tax dollars have been well spent.

An American Classic redone flawlessly!
By adamlucchesi

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Just bought my very own 1LT RS last week, and I can't even describe how much I love it. The looks, ride and feel are incredible. It can really kick when you need it to, but it actually gets good mpg's, believe it or not. Where else are you going to find a 323HP V6 that looks this sexy and gets 30mpg highway [and can get up to 34!]. It's really a phenomenal sports car, has tons of character and vibe, and the appointments on the RS package are perfect. My only "complaint" would be that you have to pay the extra RS upcharge to get the really beautiful cosmetics [wheels and lights, mainly]. But it's worth every penny. Go test drive one. You'll be hooked.

The exterior cosmetics are arguably my favorite feature. The aggressive stance, wheels, and overall gorgeous body design are definitely what drew me in. But the way it handles is undeniable. Also, the electronics package is just as high tech as a luxury vehicle. You get American muscle car looks and performance, with luxury car appointments and a compact car's mpg's!

I literally have just one complaint - The shifter knob. It's pretty bland and almost ugly. And since it's an automatic [switchable to manual with paddle shifters], a replacement knob isn't easy to come by. But that's such a stupid complaint, I don't even want to mention it... But, realistically, it is a pretty cheesy shifter knob. Everything else is absolutely perfect. I wouldn't change anything else.

First choice
By stew65

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/1LS (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

[non-permissible content removed]

Power- the V6 is surprisingly potent- delivering plenty of adrenal boosters and spurring that inevitable smile you can't hide when you gas it! Price tag for the 2012 LS (which is all I wanted) is very nice, and at about 30 mpg hwy... just another ‘pro’ on my list.

NO Camaro... even baseline models, should ever have hub caps- something that still makes me scratch my head wondering what think tank thought that one was okay. Visibility takes some getting used to- but by the time I was home from the dealer, it was a non-issue. In the end, I LOVE THIS CAR and apparently from all the compliments from my guy neighbors, it’s not just MY dream car.

In Love
By capri0190

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my Imperial Blue Camaro 2LT with grey interior. The inside and out are both so beautiful and the seats are extremely plush and comfortable. Cops are rude but I expected that! The trunk is small but it holds everything I need it to and I have no problem with blind spots at all, you get used to it after a while. The sound system is banging! XM and onstar is fantastic, I can start my car from my iPhone it is awesome! Back up cam is so nice to have. LOVE turning corners, no slowing down required. So many features I am very spoiled now, and extremely pleased with the car I couldn't ask for anything better. Many stares and compliments also.

Interior lighting at night is gorgeous! Love the locking glovebox. I am 5'11 and I still feel petite in this car which is a good feeling! I can stretch my legs out far and have many inches above my head from the ceiling.

No chrome on steering wheel, when the sun hits it its awful! Tinting windows helped a lot though. Super microscopic sun visors with no extenders, they are a joke! No blockage I don't even bother moving them. Also don't like small size of middle storage consul.