Used 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Full of surprises!
By kiriana

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/1LS (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

My Camaro has surprised me in almost every aspect. The first one being the comfort of the seats. I am very picky about how comfortable the seats are, and when I first sat in one, I was pleasantly surprised. Even though it doesn't have specific lumbar support, it supports you in a way that you don't really need it. It drives tight, the road noise is minimal, when you want to get a little thrill this baby can get up and go. It has a very soft clutch, so it was very forgiving of a first time manual owner like myself. The interior is very simple, but stylish. The sound system for a base model is amazing! The steering wheel feels a little cheap, but a nice leather steering wheel cover fixes that.

The styling of the body. The comfort of the seats. The sound system. The amount of power you get despite it being a base model. The display between the gauges that has many different options to choose from. MPH, gas mileage, average speed, fuel range, trip 1 and 2, vehicle information, etc.

Fix the blind spots, if you don't double check your blind spots you'll never see someone over there. When I reset the TPMS, don't make the car honk twice, it's obnoxious. Widen the opening to the trunk, it's a tight squeeze to get to all that trunk space.

Watch your speedometer
By k2vi

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe SS 2dr Coupe w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Best car I ever owned in 23 years of driving. Installed borla cat back exhaust , BBK cold air intake and diablo tune. Got it right around 450HP at the flywheel. The launch feels like a big block is under the hood. Chevy did a great job with the design of the engine. It's a rocket however your sure to get a few tickets if your not careful. I think im doing the speed limit and find out im cruising along at 85mph. And she only has 5100 miles on it. Forget the V6 I test drove it and the low end torque is nothing compared to the SS ...I highly recommend this car.

Looks , power , fast , handling.

Interior is good but can be better.

Surprisingly good
By bgilgall

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Had looked at 2012 Camaro's in early 2012 but didn't buy one. In October 2012 i saw Hertz had an ex rental 2012 available for 3 day test drive with a view to buying it. Fast forward a few days and i've bought it with 33,000 miles for $22,500, 2 LT in Victory red with auto box, leather, reverse camera, heated seat, HUD etc. Just under a year later and i've put another 11,000 miles on it, not a thing has gone wrong with it. Incredible power for a V6, great brakes and handling, quiet too with an excellent sound system.

Paddle shifters, putting the window down, knocking it down a gear or two with the paddle and pushing on the loud pedal!! Reverse camera is a must have in these, the blind spots are many. Only car i've owned that people regularly say "nice car" at gas stations or drive throughs.

Memory buttons for seats and mirrors. I regularly get 18-19 on the highway on daily commute but 30 mpg on longer trips has been difficult to get.

Best car I've ever owned!
By paigelarissa

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Camaro ! Seats are comfortable, smooth ride, quiet cabin, good radio, Gets up to speed as soon as you touch the gas! I have NO complaints what so ever about my car (:

"Nice Car"
By camaro2012guy

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I hear "Nice Car". At the gas station or store or even a neighbor walking by, they all say something. I just smile and say thanks. I drove the car from Florida to Durham NC. I filled up at South of the Boarder in South Carolina after driving from Bradenton. The fuel range was 522 miles after the fill up! That's because I was averaging 32 miles a gallon going 76 - 79 mph. The gas from BP works better than other any other gas I have tried. Not one creek or squeak or oil leak and I have had the car for 9 months and 10,000 miles. My Camaro is black automatic 2LS. My 39 month lease payment is under $300.00. I had the gm card that was good for 2k and put 1k down. Lease the car!

The look is my favorite feature. The 3.6 323 hp is next with over 30 mpg on the highway. It said on the sticker 30 on the highway but thought I would not see it because I have a heavy foot. Getting in and out of the car would be hard for an old guy like me but it makes me feel young so I deal with it like it is no problem. All the kids are grown and have kids of their own. If they come and visit we rent a car. :)

I love the design now but would like to see changes every year so you can tell one year from another. Add fog lamps on the LS! Bigger mirrors on the side to cover blind spots better. More height adjustment on the seat and raise the roof a little so smaller people can see well. I'm 6'1 and it is good for me but my 5'5" wife can't see over the hood or cars on the side because the blind spots. That's a good thing because she doesn't drive my car.