Used 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

2012 SS/RS Camaro Convertible
By willieb52

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my Camaro from the dealer in March of 2014. It was a trade-in with 7,000 miles, so it is practically new. The drivers and passengers seats are extremely comfortable, but there is practically no leg room in the back seat if the people in the front are of normal height. So if you are looking to have more than one passenger then this is not the car for you. Vision to the rear is some what limited, but the backup camera solves this issue. If you are looking for a fun car that turns a lot of heads, you can't go wrong with the SS convertible.

Favorite Features

Convertible Top 6.2L V8 with 426 hp 6 speed manual transmission with factory Hurst short throw shifter Wide sticky tires that hug the curves

Never again
By rbyrer

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

(Wont Buy Another Chevy) because Last year I bought a "new" 2012 Camaro. Kept it for a year, didn't like it much and went to trade it in at another car brand dealership. They ask me how it had been wrecked. I told them I bought it new and it had not been wrecked. As it turns out Carfax said it had been wrecked before I bought the car, checked the vin code, it was correct. They had sold me what I thought was a new car which had been wrecked. Went back to the GM dealer, the service manager said they did not know it had been wrecked and refused to do anything about it. I called GM to complain and get something done about it. They sided with the dealer! Maher Chevrolet, ST Pete, Fl.

Looks great but could sound a little meaner for a muscle car
By adm77450

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible SS 2dr Convertible w/2SS (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought a dark grey SS/RS convertible 6 mos ago with auto transmission. The engine sound and exhaust are pretty weak for an american muscle car. Mustang 5.0 sounds much better but I really wanted a Camaro. I have modified it with American Racing Headers, Cold Air intake and MagnaFlow exhaust. It now is quicker and sounds so much better. The 2013 iSS will take care of my comments about sound etc.. Overall, really enjoy the car and get lots of compliments.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks

Suggested Improvements

Too much plastic in the interior and needs to sound a little tougher. The manual did sound better but too much traffic in Houston to drive one.

2012 Camaro 2LT
By robertrcollins

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchase a new 2012 Camaro 2LT Convertible. The car has the top problems, rub marks, and started cutting a hole in its top. GM has no fix for this. The car was very nice, but overpriced for what you get. I had the recall done, still had problems. I have since sold the car.

Favorite Features

Exterior Styling was very nice, car handled well. V6 performed very well.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to design a convertible top that doesn't leak and cut holes in itself. They need to stand behind their products. They also need to discipline their dealerships when they treat customers horribly. Thanks Tony Brown Chevrolet in Brandenburg, KY.... Never again..

Awesome Vehicle
By kcman

2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible LT 2dr Convertible w/2LT (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased a 2012 Camaro convertible (V6) 2LT with the 45th anniversary package and the vehicle is awesome. It handles great and looks great (getting lots of compliments). I considered the Mustang but thought the options available on the Camaro were much better (i.e., the Mustang only had the option for 18 inch wheels where the Camaro comes standard with that and has options for the 19 and 20 inch wheels). Also, the Camaro looks much nicer (in my opinion). Great car.