Used 2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Camaro

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Best car I've ever owned!
By paigelarissa

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Camaro ! Seats are comfortable, smooth ride, quiet cabin, good radio, Gets up to speed as soon as you touch the gas! I have NO complaints what so ever about my car (:

"Nice Car"
By camaro2012guy

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I hear "Nice Car". At the gas station or store or even a neighbor walking by, they all say something. I just smile and say thanks. I drove the car from Florida to Durham NC. I filled up at South of the Boarder in South Carolina after driving from Bradenton. The fuel range was 522 miles after the fill up! That's because I was averaging 32 miles a gallon going 76 - 79 mph. The gas from BP works better than other any other gas I have tried. Not one creek or squeak or oil leak and I have had the car for 9 months and 10,000 miles. My Camaro is black automatic 2LS. My 39 month lease payment is under $300.00. I had the gm card that was good for 2k and put 1k down. Lease the car!

Favorite Features

The look is my favorite feature. The 3.6 323 hp is next with over 30 mpg on the highway. It said on the sticker 30 on the highway but thought I would not see it because I have a heavy foot. Getting in and out of the car would be hard for an old guy like me but it makes me feel young so I deal with it like it is no problem. All the kids are grown and have kids of their own. If they come and visit we rent a car. :)

Suggested Improvements

I love the design now but would like to see changes every year so you can tell one year from another. Add fog lamps on the LS! Bigger mirrors on the side to cover blind spots better. More height adjustment on the seat and raise the roof a little so smaller people can see well. I'm 6'1 and it is good for me but my 5'5" wife can't see over the hood or cars on the side because the blind spots. That's a good thing because she doesn't drive my car.

Dont waiste your money on a Camaro!
By cruize

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

3,000 miles = grinding noise while in motion. 3,500 miles = grinding noise fixed by dealer said it was parking brake engaging while in drive. 3,500 miles = Front Engine cover oil leaks 3,800 mile = Engine oil pan leaks I contacted Generl Motors and explain that this car is falling apart before 4,000 miles. Taylor at Technical Customer Service says thats why it comes with a warranty. All we can do is repair it when it occurs. After two weeks of phone tag GM offers to give me complimentary oil change. I need to return the headache to GM but according to them thats not possible so here it is less than 4,000 miles and car will be in shop for a week to try to fix 2 oil leaks. Acceptable?

Favorite Features

Its looks are its greatest feature. As we all know that looks only get you so far. If you married based on looks you would understand that looks are only skin deep. Vain is deciet and Beauty is fleeting. Wish my wife and I did not fall in love with this car based on its looks. the seats are sporty and comfortable if you are not taller than 5' 9'' tall. The chop top looks cool but is not practical at drive up atm, or resturaunts.

Suggested Improvements

General Motors needs to change their name to Government Motors, Garbage Motors, or Generic Motors. This would be a great car if GM designed the body style and Toyota designed the drive train. I owned a 1997 Toyota 4Runner for 283,542 miles, 2000 Toyota Sienna with 112,062 miles, 2002 Toyota Camry for over 107,583 a 2004 Toyota Tundra with 258,951 miles and none of these ever had oil leaks or repairs other than regular scheduled maintenance such as fluid changes, tires and brakes. I still own two Toyotas, my wife and I bought the Camaro Brand New instead of a motorcycle for our date nights. Thank goodness its not a daily driver. Look up Camaro oil leaks its the norm.

WOW
By exodusi1

2012 Chevrolet Camaro LS 2dr Coupe w/2LS (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2012 Cherry red Camaro from Midway Chevrolet in North Phoenix. This car is amazing, it is quite simply the best performing car I've ever owned. This is my third Camaro, 68 Coupe and 02 Coupe with T-Tops. She has an incredible suspension that masks how quickly she accelerates. The double takes are awesome as she stands out in a sea of cars. Amazing lines true to the 69, and the seats feel like a glove when you sit inside. If you test drive this car, expect to buy it, the salesman who sold her to me never had to apply an ounce of pressure, I was hooked before I completed the test drive. I also strongly recommend Midway Chevrolet. They really took care of me!

Favorite Features

The style, the hood has a profile reminicent of the Cowel Induction hood. The lines are breathtaking. The front looks like it means business. She drives like a panther, stalking her prey. The engine, despite being a V-6, has amazing acceleration, especially when moving already. A toy car flew past me, though I didn't know we were racing. I goosed her, we caught up in just under 100 yards, then a quarter mile later, I was well over 100 yards ahead of him. Pure testosterone!

Suggested Improvements

A little more power from the AC would be nice, it is freaking hot out right now, and she struggles to keep cool in the 120 degree weather. The Trunk and back seat are definitely a major improvement over the 2002.