2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
Cool Ride
By buck127 on 06/11/13 10:39 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March of 2011 as a birthday present for myself. I have driven it as a primary car and now have 30,000 miles on it. I have not had one problem with the car so far. The speed is also surprising since it is a V-6. It has over 300 horsepower! Because the rear is so high and the rear window so small, my wife who is 5 foot tall has been unable to safely drive it. I think the sacrifice is justifiable though in order to get the great look that the car has. It catches attention and I have had many people compliment me on my car. The only drawback I can really complain of is the gas mileage as it only gets about 14 miles to the gallon in the city.

Best GM Sports Car in Decades. Total Joy!
By victory11 on 06/21/12 19:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I dont review lightly and have a lot of experience with the car buying process. This is my 45th car in my 33 years of driving and am completely satisfied. GM has a slam dunk with this one. Everyone knows that the exterior is hot. The interior is comfortable and inviting. Personally, I prefer a simple, modern/retro looking interior. Guages are laid out well and the center guage information center is a lifesaver for easy read and info. No blemishes, gaps well aligned and spaced, and not a single squeek, rattle, or pop. I have dual cameras on front and back along with curb sensor which eliminates blind spots. Remember, its a sports car, not a mommy van.

GREAT CAR with Flaws
By mrvega on 04/26/12 11:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had my Camaro SS for a year and a half. The car has a phenomenal smooth, comfortable ride. A bit of body roll. What kills the fun on the 2011's is the steering feel. I feels hard, fighting against you. Makes the car feel even heavier. Acceleration is outstanding, yet it doesnt feel as fast because of how smooth. Once you look at the HUD you realize you are well into 100mph. Visibility is very poor. Gas mileage was the reason I got rid of it. I averaged 13 MPG City. The maximum I reached on the hwy was 20 (it was a miracle). After a year and a half later, I would stay admire it as I walked to or away from it. Beautiful style

Part 2 of Midlife Crisis
By dirizzil on 03/04/12 06:59 AM (PST)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my Lexus IS for an '11 2LT. Own the car for a year now and put 10K miles on it. Styling, both inside and out is exceptional, performance is excellent, comfort is good, and fuel economy is as good as you can expect for a car like this. For those who complain about cramped back seats, you simply bought the wrong car for your intended use. Overall the car offers fantastic value and great driving experience. Attracts a lot of attention, including police(had my day in court). You can't get most of the features the 2LT offers in a Mercedes, etc unless you spend almost 2X the 30K. Really? $55K and no xenon lights, parking sensors, premium sound, folding rear seats or auto start.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By rbeasley on 08/03/11 08:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 1LT auto, with sunroof. I am over 60 and this car makes me feel young like when I had my 67 when I was 22. This car has a solid feel. The V6 is very quick. I average between 24 -28 MPG in mixed driving. Ride is good and better than the 2011 Mustang I test drove. Backing up is not great because of the view, but with the backup camera in the 2012 that will help. This car also gets the looks, people are always looking at it.

Best car you can buy for the $$
By ms9 on 07/26/11 22:31 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2011 Camaro LS for 3 months now and it truly is an amazing car! General Motors has stepped up there game when it comes to quality and value so far I have not had one problem with this car mechanically. The 312hp 3.6L V6 runs very smooth and when you open up the throttle this baby moves fast! The 6 speed auto seems to be a good match for this car it has 2 modes drive and sport and when you really want to push it id recommend sport mode you can feel the differences. The exterior design speaks for it self awesome! I see people complaining about the interior and visibility you got to remember this was a concept car and i'm glad they didn't mess with the overall design too much!

more fun to look at than to drive!
By camarra on 07/06/11 07:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I rented this car for 10 days and put 1400 miles on it. I found it extremely comfortable to drive, however, the visibility issue is really bad and it was good that this model came with a backup camera! I didn't feel that the acceleration was all that impressive but it did have a lot of get up and go. I felt that the interior was fairly well laid out, but hard to get used to - I would have had to use the manual to figure out many of the features and I'm pretty computer literate. I don't particularly like the holographic speedometer display which reads out your current speed in the windshield in front of you. I don't know, for instance, if there's a way to turn this off.

Brings back the 60's
By garyanders on 06/08/11 14:17 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Chevy has done a wonderful job with this car. It is so retro and fun to drive with its big bold look. I have the 2ss with automatic and you are always in the right gear. You really punch it and it will set you back in your seat. Love to go cruising and listen to xm 60s on 6 station and I feel like I am back in the 60s. Great build quality, performance and handling. I have had mine for approx 1 yr now and could not be more pleased. Getting around 17 mph in town which is great for a 400hp V-8.

Very Nice Ride!!!
By aweltlin on 04/10/11 19:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2011 SLT Coupe and this car handles brilliantly. I have owned camaros in the past but nothing this fun and easy to drive. I really like that mine is manual trans. cause it really feels like your in control of all that power even though it is a V-6. Every where I go I got people shouting out at me nice ride and people turning heads and asking questions about my car. I like the body style the and for a smaller car that has low head room it actually decieves you by looking at it because when your behind the wheel there is a lot of room. The suspension is awesome it takes curves very well and has all the features you need to enjoy your drive. Good buy and excellent gas mileage.

2011 Camaro 2LT
By flyersguy18 on 03/21/11 10:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

First thing you should know is that I've had this car for a week. I had a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. This is my 4th Camaro and it's by far the best!! Compared to the Eclipse the Camaro's sightlines aren't all that bad at all. The V6 has great acceleration and the gas mileage is better than the 4 cylinder Eclipse. My first impression of the car was that it didn't feel like a Camaro at all, at least not one that I'd ever driven. The handling is much more stable! The weight distribution of the car is almost perfect, I think it's 52/48. The tires are going to be a little expensive but very worth it! Over all, I couldn't be more pleased or more excited every time I get in the car

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe in VA is:

$150 per month*