Used 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Cool Ride
By buck127

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car in March of 2011 as a birthday present for myself. I have driven it as a primary car and now have 30,000 miles on it. I have not had one problem with the car so far. The speed is also surprising since it is a V-6. It has over 300 horsepower! Because the rear is so high and the rear window so small, my wife who is 5 foot tall has been unable to safely drive it. I think the sacrifice is justifiable though in order to get the great look that the car has. It catches attention and I have had many people compliment me on my car. The only drawback I can really complain of is the gas mileage as it only gets about 14 miles to the gallon in the city.

Look, speed, spacious front seat, solid mechanics

None

Best GM Sports Car in Decades. Total Joy!
By victory11

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I dont review lightly and have a lot of experience with the car buying process. This is my 45th car in my 33 years of driving and am completely satisfied. GM has a slam dunk with this one. Everyone knows that the exterior is hot. The interior is comfortable and inviting. Personally, I prefer a simple, modern/retro looking interior. Guages are laid out well and the center guage information center is a lifesaver for easy read and info. No blemishes, gaps well aligned and spaced, and not a single squeek, rattle, or pop. I have dual cameras on front and back along with curb sensor which eliminates blind spots. Remember, its a sports car, not a mommy van.

Looks, Ride, gas milage on v6, comfort. Options and add-ons are as endless and varied as on a mustang. Mostly, so far after one year, NO Problems. One oil change and tire rotation compliments of dealer.

Get the mud flaps....no chips. Get a backup camera....whole new world. 19" wheels/tires or larger....better handling, look. Mobil 1 synthetic oil....always.

GREAT CAR with Flaws
By mrvega

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had my Camaro SS for a year and a half. The car has a phenomenal smooth, comfortable ride. A bit of body roll. What kills the fun on the 2011's is the steering feel. I feels hard, fighting against you. Makes the car feel even heavier. Acceleration is outstanding, yet it doesnt feel as fast because of how smooth. Once you look at the HUD you realize you are well into 100mph. Visibility is very poor. Gas mileage was the reason I got rid of it. I averaged 13 MPG City. The maximum I reached on the hwy was 20 (it was a miracle). After a year and a half later, I would stay admire it as I walked to or away from it. Beautiful style

Acceleration, smooth ride, Heads Up display was my favorite safety feature. All cars should have it. Satellite Radio never had an issue losing signal under bridges and at gas stations like my new Kia Optima.

Add Blind Side detectors, find a way to squeeze atleast 5 more mpg, lose atleast 300 pounds

Part 2 of Midlife Crisis
By dirizzil

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in my Lexus IS for an '11 2LT. Own the car for a year now and put 10K miles on it. Styling, both inside and out is exceptional, performance is excellent, comfort is good, and fuel economy is as good as you can expect for a car like this. For those who complain about cramped back seats, you simply bought the wrong car for your intended use. Overall the car offers fantastic value and great driving experience. Attracts a lot of attention, including police(had my day in court). You can't get most of the features the 2LT offers in a Mercedes, etc unless you spend almost 2X the 30K. Really? $55K and no xenon lights, parking sensors, premium sound, folding rear seats or auto start.

Exterior design, heads up display, great sound system, 20 rims, and auto start.

Some interior materials could be improved as they appear a little cheap and plastic y. I know they are plastic, but can look less so. Though can say the same about more expensive cars, so minor point. Understand the 2012 using leather on the dash, nice touch up. Additionally, have heard some noise around paint quality. Areas around my wheel wells seem to be taking a beating, so maybe something to be said for that.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By rbeasley

2011 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 1LT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 1LT auto, with sunroof. I am over 60 and this car makes me feel young like when I had my 67 when I was 22. This car has a solid feel. The V6 is very quick. I average between 24 -28 MPG in mixed driving. Ride is good and better than the 2011 Mustang I test drove. Backing up is not great because of the view, but with the backup camera in the 2012 that will help. This car also gets the looks, people are always looking at it.

Comfortable seats. Ride is good for a sports car. The feeling you get when you drive it. The solid feel. OnStar, which is a great feature, I have used it several times. OnStar should be on every car, especially ones that women drive, you never know when you need help.

Soft touch interior materials.