Used 2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chevrolet Camaro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:

Only buy this car if you have a lot of money to spend.
By deano18

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This car has its pros and cons, but there are too many cons. Pros: The car is a lot of fun to drive, very powerful, and looks great. Cons: MPG is not even close to what the epa estimates are. Unless you drive incredibly well and keep the rpm's below 2500, you are going to get 14/15 mpg on a good day and average out at about 11. The car is always in the shop and constantly needs to be maintained. An oil change costs about $100 and this car drinks oil likes its no tomorrow. Tires costs about $250 each and the car goes through those like an eraser on a pencil. Only buy this car if you plan to use it as a weekend car, not a daily driver, and don't care about maintenance costs.

Better mpg and better build. I have had to get the speakers replaced twice because they blew out or the housing broke. The locking mechanism needed to be replaced. My windows needed to be reindexed almost every few months during the spring/summer. Steering is much harder than it should be.

Totally Hot Car
By scarlett13

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

My husband actually bought this and traded in my Ford Explorer while it was in the driveway. Its the 2SS and I adore it! This car is very fast. 426+ hp.. Been asked for phone numbers while pumping gas on more than one occasion in car. Got a few minor issues probably due to my height. 5'6". Trouble seeing out front and back. Gotten a few tickets. Sunroof and whole package great. Thoroughly recommend. Hasnt been in the shop one day. Just listed to get something boring and sensible. Just hate to sell. Makes driving fun again. Love it. Needs a rear camera.

Exterior, Sunroof, Acceleration, 426hp engine, turbo booster, Automatic Sports Car, Parking Sensor

Rear Camera

Modern Muscle
By stinger222

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Black 2SS for nearly 3 years now and still love driving it. I live in Western NY and must garage it during the winter, bummer! To own this car in my area you it must be as a summer car, no way I would drive it in the snow and salt. Pleanty of power when you want it, I recomend investing in a radar dector. The cool factor of driving this car makes the visibility issue dissapear after a couple short drives! Trunk space is OK, The back seat drops down and 2 sets of golf clubs fits easily. I've owned several manuals and nearly stalled it at first but you get used it quickly. Gas mileage not bad when compared to older muscle cars.

Pros - power, looks, handling, quite an attention getter!

Cons - Black difficult to keep clean, visability, and trunk space. Must use 93 octane, oil changes are expensive.

2SS Convertible
By hotrodss

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Bought mine March 2011. Have 6500 miles on it. So not driving it alot. Issues, passenger seat too low and non Electric so no height adjustment. If you run my heater for awhile the fan will begin to rattle. I need to take in for repair. Rear rotor is rusting and it is the only one doing that. The car is garaged and basically new. Not sure about the necessity of ONSTAR due to Smart Phones. ONStar costs $30 a month. Seems better just to have a GPS. No spare tire or Jack/lug wrench in trunk. Just have the air pump and tire sealer. (Seems cheap for a car I spent well into the mid 50s on. A bit cumbersome removing and installing the convertible top cover. Wheels scratch easily.

It handles well, plently of speed. Looks good.

Mentioned in the review. Would add improving the type leather on the steering wheel. It is easy to scratch.

SS.2.RS Race Car
By smushi

2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

When I was checking out the car I thought no way would the wife let me get it. Get to test driving the car (v8 Manual) wife refused to drive it saying she was intemidated... After we get it home she took it out and now 2 months later 1500 of our first 2000 miles are from my wife cruising around to work etc. This car is a race car in build. If your seeking maximum comfort or the best gas mileage get a Caddy or a Prius. If you want a car and like many others have said that gets you comments and looks everywhere you go. Feels and drives like a race car. Makes you feel like 1 million bucks. This is your car. Its fun,fast, and sexy. You wont go wrong here!

Hud display is great for keeping a person aware of there speed and on the manual transmition makes it easier to keep the RPM at a economical range since going fast can be very easy. Love the USB set up we use a Ipod over the XM as I prefer cruising to my toons as my mood changes. Trunk is narrow but deep was able with effeent packing to take 1 cart of costco purchased goods and get it into the trunk so there is room just narrow entrance into trunk. Engine is great sounding in and outside turns lots of heads. Being 6'5'' plenty of room for me inside but only a small child could sit behind me as I drive. Didn't go sunroof due to 2" drop incab hieght. backseat ok for medium adults.

I hate where the cup holder is for the manual transmision. Makes it uncomfortable to clutch with any beverages in the cup holder. Inside door kickplates should come stock if you buy suggest buying after market kick plates to save your plastic from scuffing and scratching. Stock single subwoofer on max SS2 with the sound package would be nice, the speakers sound awsome and clear but like a good bass beat. In all honesty not much else , I would say back seat but really this is not a family car.